Invisible | Chpt 29

Start from the beginning

"Math," he replied. I opened my mouth again before I saw Sero walking towards us. He had a strange look on his face.

"Hey (y/n)," he greeted and I smiled gently. "Hey, Shinsou right?" Shinsou just nodded towards Sero.

"What's up?"

"I'm supposed to give this to you. From Kaminari," he said, shrugging. He held out a couple of asagao flowers.

"Oh...thank you," I replied, taking them from Sero.

"I'll see you inside," he dismissed, heading into the classroom. I glanced down at the 4 small purple flowers.

"He...didn't give them to you himself?" Shinsou asked and I glanced up, guilty for almost forgetting he was here.

"Yeah, he's in the doghouse right now," I said, shaking the subject off. "Sorry, thanks again for walking me."

"No problem. I'll see you around," he said, giving me a solemn wave. I entered the classroom, passing by Kaminari's pod of desks. He looked up at me as I passed, still holding the flowers in one hand. It was obvious he was respecting my wish to be away from him, but was still living up to his promise of gaining my forgiveness day by day. I let out a sigh as I sat down, Hana and Ryou exchanging looks. I set the flowers at the corner of my desk, opening up my book.

"Those are nice," Hanako said, gesturing to them.

"Yeah. You want them?"

"I've got enough," she said, ruffling through her hair and her flowers.

"I was just going to throw them away, kind of like a statement," I explained. "So you might as well."

"You're going to throw them away?" Ryou asked.

"Yeah. I'm still angry."

"I don't know, maybe you should keep them?" he suggested.

"Carry them around all day and let him feel like he's won?" I asked.

"It's not a competition, he's not winning," Ryou said. I eyed him suspiciously for a moment.

"I thought you were against all things 1-A. Too rowdy, rude, and ridiculous for you," I pointed out. He just shrugged and I raised an eyebrow, looking to Hanako.

"Don't look at me, you should throw them away," she said, shrugging. I looked back to Ryou.

"Did you talk to him?" I asked and Ryou gave me a thin-lipped expression back. It was rather obvious that he knew something I didn't or at least thought I was overreacting. That was fair, he could have his own opinion, but he was acting rather suspicious about it. "You talked to him, didn't you?"

"He just approached me in the hall," Ryou scoffed and Hanako looked at him surprised.

"Wait, woah, when?" she asked.

"Yesterday," Ryou said. "I get that you're angry (y/n) and you're punishing him for what he did, but just don't throw them away. He's already sad enough. Just talking to him yesterday made me depressed."

"I just...I don't understand why he doesn't get it. He already struck out with me and yet he continues to hit on me and try to squeeze a date out of me. I would think he really likes me, but he flirts with everything that breathes. So I don't get why he's so upset about me when he's got about a billion other lines to reel in," I scoffed.

"I don't know (y/n)," Ryou said. "All he could talk about was how much he missed you and it's been...like 3 days."

"Miss me?"

"Yeah, he's pretty sad. Trust me," Ryou said, glancing behind me. "I think if you throw the flowers away it'll kill him."

"Right," I said, not really believing it. If he was really so much of a wreck, why in the world did he still have interest in other people? Why would he voluntarily torture himself, knowing we would never work? He must be crazy. I let out a soft sigh. My father would've never given in so easily, but I was starting to fold. "I won't throw them away."