chap 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's dead to me and she should be dead to you," He deadpanned, walking out and shutting the door.

How could I agree to that? I know my sister had done me wrong, but she was my sister, I can't just forget about her.

I stood in front of the now closed door for a moment. What would like be like if Ember was still here?

♕ flashback ♕

"So, you do know i'm joining the troupe correct?" Ember questioned y/n while they were tending to the garden.

"Yeah, I heard you speaking to Chrollo earlier," Y/n sighed, plucking the tomato off of the plant.

"Good, i'll get to spend more time with Chrollo that way. But there is a new boy, mom wants me to go meet him," Ember told y/n, now picking up her basket and brushing off her skirt.

"I thought you liked Chrollo," Y/n stood up, giving her sister a stern look.

"I do! But I thought 'why not meet this man?' I mean what's the worst thing that could happen?" Ember laughed, making her way back to the girls home.

"Well Chrollo could find out, Chrollo really likes you and he is strong. You're also joining his troupe, I don't think it's a good idea to get close to another boy," Y/n explained, speeding up a bit to match her sisters pace.

"You wouldn't understand, you're too young. You will always be younger than me and I will always be smarter than you," Ember stopped in her tracks and turned to look at y/n. "Don't forget that. Oh! I also want you to know that you can never have Chrollo, I see the way you look at him," She continued down the path while y/n stood there stunned at her serious sister.

"I don't like him," Y/n huffed, running to catch up with her sister, who was using her speed. "Why would I like your boyfriend," Y/n said to herself.

present time

I sat down in the chair Chrollo was sitting in earlier. It still had that warmth from when he was there. I picked back up the brush and brushed my own hair, I kind of missed when he did it.

I slowly opened my door and peaked into the hallway. I continued my journey back to where everyone else was hanging out and made my way to Chrollo.

"Chrollo," I whispered, leaning into his ear. He straightened himself a bit but still stared at his book.

"Mhm," He hummed.

"I'm sorry," I looked down at my hands. "I overreacted," I missed having him near me, it was odd but the feeling of him being upset at me didn't sit well.

Soon some fingers where lifting my chin up so I was staring at the intelligent man in front of me.

"Don't apologize berry," He looked into my eyes with a certain gentleness, letting his fingers linger where they were placed. "It's about time for the auction, don't forget the plan," Chrollo informed the group, removing his fingers.