New Member of the BAU

Authors note: Hey, so it's been a while oops. I've been writing one-shots in between writing chapters 4 and 5 only because I wasn't sure where to take this series, but I've figured it out and now I'm back. I still have 3 or 4 one-shots written that still need to be edited. This chapter has a couple of switches of the POV. Sorry if it's a little confusing, but it's the easiest way to write the story. Also, I know Gideon and Rossi didn't work together in the early season, but I'm changing it. I realize the TL of a lot of the members is off, but it's all intentional for the story.

Content warning: Nothing I can think of, but don't be afraid to tell me about a warning I should put in.

Word count: 2.7k

Chapter 5: New Member of the BAU

*ring ring*

*ring ring*

I shift under Spencer's grip trying to reach my phone as it's ringing. He's such a heavy sleeper that by the time I wiggled out from his arms and grabbed my phone he was still sleeping. He just rolled over before snoring very quietly. I look at my phone and see it's my dad! Shit, I was supposed to meet with my dad at ten today and it's already eleven. I'm not even ready this is such a disaster, what am I supposed to tell him? Oh, don't worry dad I'm just busy because I'm in the back of this guy's car and I slept through my alarm! He's going to kill me because I'm supposed to meet some of my dad's work friends then go out to lunch with him.

"Ciao papà," I say trying to sound like I'm awake. He can probably see through my bullshit though because I'm a shitty liar, and he's a profiler.

"Where's my bambino and why isn't she at the BAU right now? My colleagues want to meet you."

"Sorry, I spent all night studying and I must've slept through my alarm I'll be there as soon as possible," I technically lie to him I did sleep through my alarm.

"Okay...well, I love you. I have a security badge ready for you. All you have to do is tell security who you are and you're here to see me," He's clearly not convinced but I don't think he cares enough to press the issue.

"Okay, love you too. Bye!" I hang up then turn to Spencer trying to wake him up.

I shake him over and over until he finally stirs. Seriously how the hell does he sleep so heavy. Once I get him up I explain that I'm supposed to have lunch with my dad and I'm supposed to meet his coworkers now that he's coming out of retirement for whatever reason.

"Okay, yeah give me a second to clean up the back, and we can take you back to your apartment," He says while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Thanks," I say before planting a gentle kiss on his cheek.

He blushes at me before signaling for me to hop out of the trunk. We make a collaborative effort to clean out the trunk and sit the back seats back up. We then get in the front and make small talk on the way back to my apartment. Once we arrive I feel that pit in my stomach again, the same one I feel every time one of us has to leave.