chapter 3

Tendou laid happily on his bed, smiling to himself with his eyes closed. He never thought he'd make a friend. He'd always hoped he would but never thought it would happen, until today.

He turned to his side and stared at his phone laying on his bedside table.

"Maybe I should ask for his number..." He mumbled to himself.

He gave it a good long thought before nodding to himself, making a mental note to ask his new friend Ushjima, or Toshi-Kun, for his number.

Tendou jumped off his bed and ran down the stairs to find his mother, wanting to tell her about Ushijima.

"Muuuum?" He sang.

"Yesssss?" She sang back.

He plopped down on the sofa next to her and smiled.

His mother, Mahiru, shared the exact same bright red messy hair and the cheeky grin, although she had dark black eyes and freckles unlike his dad who had the bright ruby eyes.

"I made a friend today!" He chripped.

"Oh?" She closed the book she was reading and turned her full body around to face Tendou.

"His names Ushjima Wakatoshi! But I call him Toshi-kun, he looks like...really scary but he's a giant softy" Tendou said waving his hands around like a teenage girl.

His mother made a small smirk and leaned closer to Tendou.

Tendou looked down at her and frowned.

"What?" He questioned.

Mahiru squinted her eyes and raised an eyebrow, still wearing the same grin.

Tendous face flushed red, realising what his mum was thinking.

"I- MUM! NO!" He shouted pushing her away.

"MY BABY IS GROWING UP!" She laughed.

"MUUUM STOP I JUST MET HIMMM" Tendou said hitting her with a pillow.

"HEY NO THATS NOT FAIR-" Mahiru whined, also grabbing a pillow.

As the two where shouting and laughing, the front door had slammed open letting a taller Male pass through.

He had dark black hair, bright red ruby eyes and a tall skinny frame, resbleming Satori's.

Tendou spun his head around locking eyes with the man who had just walked in.

"Dad? Are you ok?" He asked.

"Yes yes I'm fine..." he muttered, walking upstairs and away from Mahiru and Tendou.

"Is he ok mum?" Tendou asked, worried.

"I'm sure he's just had a tough day at work love" she ruffled Tendous spikey gelled hair. "You go up to bed now and get some rest, remember to wash all that gell out of your hair first mkay?"

"Yeah yeah I know" He replied standing up and playing with his hair.

Tendou made his way up to the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror, mainly at his hair. Red, spiky and messy but tidy.

He still remembers when and why he decided to start spiking it.

He grinned at the mirror and pointed finger guns at his reflection before snorting a little and finally getting ready to go in the shower.

After Tendou had finished showering, he fell onto his bed and stared at the ceiling once again. Staring at his ceiling had become a little routine for him. He had done it often, usually staring into space with an empty mind but would now and again think of the past or just go over his day.

But this time he just layed there. Slowly giving into the sleep that he hadn't realised he needed.

Ushjima sat next to his father, staring at the new phone he was given a couple of weeks ago that had yet to be turned on.

"You ok Wakatoshi?" His father asked, turning down the volume of the TV.

"Mhm" Ushjima responded.

His father noticed the phone. "You can borrow my charger if you want?"

Ushjima shook his head. "Its already charged"

His dad hummed.

"Father?" Ushjima said, turning to look at his dad.

"Hmm?"

"How do I ask for someones number?" He asked.

"Oh? Like, a girl? You got a cruuuush??" His father joked.

"A male, he's my new friend" Ushjima said, with a small smile, looking down at the phone.

"Ah I see" his dad tapped the bottom of his chin, "Well, I guess you just ask for it y'know?"

"No. I don't know" Ushijima blinked.

"Oh my god your just like your mother was" he chuckled. Ruffling his hair. "Just go up to him, and ask him for his phone number"

"And if he asks why? What do I do then?"

His father stood up and walked around the couch they where sitting on, "Just tell him because he's your friend, that's all" he tapped Ushjima on the shoulder and made his way up the stairs

"G'night Wack-a-toe" his father chuckled "G'night honey" He said to a picture of his late wife, and Ushjimas mother.

"Good night father" Ushjima responded, looking at the picture of his mother his father had touched and said good night to. He smiled.

He looked back down at the phone in his hand and powered it on for the first time, watching the phone companies logo shine brightly on screen before a set of instructions came up helping him set up his phone.

He thought to himself, 'I have never gone this far for a friend before. I have also only just met Satori, we're already on first name basis to add to it. Ha. I wonder why'

After finally setting up his phone, Ushjima went to his room, said good night to his mother, plugged his phone on charge for tomorrow, and let sleep take him over.

☆☆☆☆☆
WEEEEEEEE

Sorry this took a while to do school is taking up a LOT of my time now 🤚😔 and I also wanted to kinda, idk recreate? Ushjimas dad since I didnt really like him in the anime 🗿 but n e ways, ty for reading and I'll see you in the next chapter! BHEEE :D