chapter 5

"Satori" Ushijima whispered to the boy sitting next to him.

"Hmm?" Tendou answered.

The two boys sat next to eachother during their english lessons together, thought Ushijima would rarely talk during this lesson as he knew he wasnt doin very well at it, so Tendou hearing Ushijima call out to him was, well, different.

They where doing punctuation. Although it did sound rather childish to be doing this at their age, the teacher had insisted on it. But even though they where doing punctuation, Ushijima pointed at a word in his book.

Tendou hadn't realised that he was pointing at a word and continued looking at Ushijima rather than where his finger was pointing.

"What is it Toshi-kun?" He asked.

Ushijima furrowed his brows at the word he was pointing at and finally Tendou realised.

"...what does this mean..." The taller male asked.

His finger was resting on the word 'ironic'

Tendou looked up at Ushijima and smiled at him. Looking at the ace of shiritorizawa furrow his brows at a word was like watching a kid get angry because he doesn't know the answer to a question.

Tendou tried to recall what the word meant in his head but he could only think of how to use it, though he thought that he may be able to put it into words.

"Uhm...Well, I know how to use it for sure but the meaning?...I think its something like, when something happens that contrasts the situation?" He said quietly.

Ushijima was still staring at the word on his page, but Tendou could tell that he had listened to what he said.

"Ok, thank you Satori" Ushijima looked up at Tendou and gave him a small 'thank you' smile. As Tendou watched him smile he held his breath and grinned like a 13 year old girl on her first date.

And then Tendou thought of something that caused him to let out a small laugh.

Ushijima looked back up at him again with a questioning look on his face.

Tendou leaned back in his chair and let his head hang backwards so he could see the bookshelf from behind him.

"I just thought, y'know I call you Toshi-kun, which is short for Wakatoshi, but everyone else calls you Ushijima. They sound nothing alike! Even though it's you're first name last name thing yeah and my nick name is just a short version of your first name"

Ushijima thought about it, if he shortened 'satori' it would become 'tori' "your name would be 'tori' if it was shortened" Ushijima asked, not knowing anything about that name.

Tendou swung back up straight on his chair and slapped his hand over his mouth, his heart was beating fast and his body was shaking uncontrollably.

"Satori?" Ushijima said worridly.

This had caught everyones attention

"Tendou? Is everything alright?" The teacher asked.

Tendou could feel the eyes of everyone in the class laying on him, it was almost like someone had glued a bunch of heavy rocks all over him. Tendou stood up with his hand still over his mouth and ran out of the class room.

Ushijima quickly stood from his chair after Tendou had left.

"Ushijima please sit down" The teacher called.

"Can I go" He asked determined.

"Ushijima I cant let y-"

"Let me go"

The teacher scratched their head and sighed. "Alright, go but take this with you" They handed him a card with the words 'TIME OUT' written in a bold red colour.

"Thank you" Ushijima said before also running out the bathroom.

He hadn't known what he had done. No one would of known what they had done. Not if they hadn't known already.

Ushijima searched through the halls of all the schools buildings before deciding to look in the changing rooms and toilets.

His heart was aching. He knew he had done something wrong. But he didnt know what. He was scared that Tendou might hate him now. Since that's what everyone else would do. One slip up and your done for.

That was his train of thoughts. Be perfect.

Ushijima finally made it to one of the toilet rooms. He braced himself before walking in.

He looked at all the stalls and realised that one was locked.

"Satori? Are you in here?" He called.

Silence.

He waited for a little. Making sure to listen to any breathing.

And just as he was about to leave, he heard a exhale. Clearly whoever that is was holding their breath.

"Satori? Is that you?" He asked, but in a soft quiet tone.

The stall door unlocked itself.

And out came Tendou.

His eyes where all red and puffy, his hair drooping down from his hands being on his head. His breathing was unsteady and he was still shaking.

Ushijima took this in and he felt a pang of pain in his chest once again.

The ace looked around the toilets once again to check if anyone else was in here before sitting on the floor. He patted the space next to him obviously telling Tendou to sit by him. And so he did.

"Satori im-" ushijima began but Tendou interrupted him by simply shaking his head.

It was clear that Tendou just wanted to sit silently for a minute or two, just to calm himself down.

Tendou fiddled with the end of his sleeves for a while, his eyes still wet and his nose still running. And he had yet to look Ushijima in the eyes.

But Ushijima never took his eyes off Tendou. He wanted to ask him what happened. He wanted to talk to him. And he wanted to see him smile. Ushijima had an urge to place his hand on Tendou, just to let him know he's safe and it's ok but he didn't know wether that would make it worse or. He could feel his hand slowly going towards him, even though he tried his hardest to resist.

Tendou could see his hand coming towards him. Tendou finally took a deep breath and looked up at Ushijima.

"Are you alright Satori?" Ushijima asked.

"Mhmm..." Tendou shifted his body so he was right beside the ace. And he let his head rest on the other males shoulder.

"Sorry..." Tendou mumbled.

"Why?" Ushijima asked.

"Because I cause a scene..." Tendou closed his eyes.

"That's not your fault"

"But it is i-"

Ushijima cut off Tendou.

"I said something I shouldn't of Satori, that's not your fault" Ushijima put his hand on Tendou's.

Tendou looked at their hands and sighed.

"Can...can you tell me what I shouldn't of said?" The taller male asked softly.

Tendou took another deep breath, and exhaled. He took his head off of ushijimas shoulder and looked him in the eyes. Before quietly saying.

"Come down to my house tonight"

☆☆☆☆☆

UH HI SORRY FOR BEING LIKE UHM DEAD BUT UH I HOPE YOU ALL HAD A RLY GOOD CHRISTMAS AND LIKE I HOPE U ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER

BHEEE 🤾‍♂️