Suspects | Part 34

"I cannot say anything. However, I can inform you of a name, who under their sacred will, we are instructed to monitor." Nick answered, drawing our full attention as he was about to reveal the name of the person. "That person joined the Survey Corps as of this year." Nick stated, causing Eren, Mikasa, and Armin to all grow shocked. Even Mikasa who was fairly stoic as well, she hadn't expected such an answer. "Their name is...Christa Reiss."

"Excuse me!"

I shot my glance over to the door as I heard it close, a familiar girl standing before it. If I remember correctly, her name was Sasha, she was one of the soldiers in my group that day in Stohess. Ah--she was the one with the super sharp senses!

As she turned to face us, she quickly brought her hand up into a salute, holding a piece of paper in her right hand as she held it over her heart.

"104th Cadet Corps! Sasha Braus!" She yelled out, however, no one really seemed to notice her presence besides me as they grew shocked over the name Nick had mentioned.

"Her?" Eren whispered out in disbelief, this time, his face holding no sense of denial.

"Who's that?" Hange asked, turning her gaze towards Eren and the others who stood frozen and bewildered. The sounds of footsteps follow behind them, and they quickly turned around as Sasha had moved from the door and walked over to Hange.

"Um, this is for you, Section Commander." Sasha awkwardly intervened, handing over the piece of paper she was holding onto earlier to Hange. 

She seemed confused as well, noticing how everyone seemed to be in a trance like state. Hange turned around, finally noticing Sasha's presence, however, before Hange could reply, Nick began to speak again, stealing Hange's attention away. 

It let out a small giggle.It was kind of funny, and a smile raised on my lips as I watched her awkwardly prance around Hange trying to gain her attention without interrupting her conversation.

"Tch, she looks like a lost dog." Levi remarked, causing me to turn my attention towards him. He quickly drew his eyes towards me as well.

"You find it amusing, don't you?" I replied, a slight cocky tone shifting through my voice as I nudged Levi with my shoulder slightly. 

"Tch, you wish."

"You must find her at once. Only she...She may know the truths which we cannot even perceive. That is all the information I can share." Nick inhaled sharply, raising his head as he shut his eyes. "I leave the rest up to you."

I heard Hange's breath hitch, and I quickly turned my attention towards her as her eyes widened, filling with distraught and worry. "If she's in the 104th Cadet Corps, then she's deep in the front lines right now." Hange stated, causing us to also perk up as we glanced at each other.

"Let's go! We need to hurry!" Eren frantically yelled out, turning around while still facing us as he began jogging back towards the door where the stables were. However, I spotted Sasha still standing in the way and with the way Eren was beginning to pick up his pace, they were going to collide.

"Eren, watch out!" I yelled out, taking a small step forward, however, before Eren could react, he turned his head and harshly bumped into Sasha. Grunts left their mouths as they collided and Sasha collided harshly onto the floor as Eren collided into her.

"Ouch..." She whispered out as she lifted her head, her eyes squinted as she brought her hand up to her head and slightly rubbed.

"Sasha!" Eren called out in concern, slightly bending down to her level.

"What are you doing here?" Mikasa strictly asked, which I found quite amusing. It wasn't everyone that Mikasa would take action to talk to first, they must be close.