Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Start from the beginning

"Well good.", he said. "I want you back here tomorrow at five and we'll work for two hours, we'll start in the weights room and with some boxing moves. And no offence to your girlfriend, but keep her away, she's distracting you.".

Darien put an arm around Lena and she tried to get out of his grasp since he was sweaty and smelled a little, but he kept a good grip on her, "Hey, can you help me? She's cute.", he said, cupping her chin and shook it a little.

She scuffed and took his hand away, "Don't make me back flip you, cause you know I can do it.", she said told him, giving him a warning look.

"Right.", Chris said, not believing her from his tone of voice. "I'll give you that paper and you can go. Remember, be here at five.".

Darien nodded, "I will."

After Chris left, Ash patted his cousin shoulder, "Proud of you, man. Who knows, you might even become a star athlete.".

Darien chuckled, "I got a long away before that dream would ever come true.".

Lena smiled, "So someone does have a dream.", she said. "I know you can do it, Darien. I believe in you.". He kissed her forehead before she pushed him away, "I love you, but you smell. Put on extra deodorant next time.".

*

Two days later..

Lena was rubbing Abigail's stomach since Jaycee was kicking inside when the doorbell ranged and Lena excitedly gotten up and went over to the door, letting Darien and Ash in. Ash was in front and he held a bag that said 'Happy Birthday' on it, "From me.", he said.

She took the bag with a smile, "Thanks, Ash, but you didn't have to get me anything.".

He shrugged and they hugged before he stepped aside to let Darien in.

She smiled brightly and kissed him. He reached in his jacket pack and pulled out small wrapped box, "Sorry it's small, but it was sure damn expensive.".

She smiled and took the box, "I would have been fine with just flower-"

"Oh okay, I can take it back.", he said chuckling, snatching the box away from her and she took it back.

"Oh no!", she said. "I'm very sure I'm going to love it Darien. Thank you.".

They joined the small little party, most of it was her family, and some friends from school. Ash joined her brother Skyler and the twins, catching up on things. Abigail and the girls were all giggling about something and Jamie and Scott were throwing chips at each other to see if they could catch it each other mouths.

Lena and Darien were talking with some friends, one of them being Char since he was at the table while Lena was talking about it and just invited himself.

After eating and everything, they all gather around the dinning room table and they sang happy birthday and Lena sat there, smiling awkwardly. Being singed happy birthday wasn't something she didn't liked about birthdays.

"Okay, Lena, stick you're face in the cake.", her dad said after they sang and she blew out the candles. Lena did it every birthday, stick her head in the cake, that's the part she loved about birthdays. Her and the boys always did it cause it just fun and who wouldn't want cake on their face and take a bite chunk of cake? But Lena was hesitate now, didn't want to face full of cake and Darien laugh at her who was looking confused at her with a grin on his face.

Everyone waited for her to do it and she blushed real hard. She bit her lower lip as she lowered her head towards the cake, wondering if she should just do it or back out-