chapter 1:Smile

I held my book tightly to my chest praying they said my name for Thursday, the day of our graduation.

"Stacy McGuire," Principle Rogers's rough old voice ran through the auditorium. I lightly pulled back my light brown back length hair out of my face. I could feel my delicate finger shaking with anticipation.

"Anastasia Olympia," He said after several names. I jumped up squealing with several of my friends.

"Way to go Ani!" The group of almost everyone that knew me cheered me on.

"Thank you!" I shouted back at everyone.

"Wow, I knew you were smart Ani, but principle's list? You must study a lot," One of my best friends ,Pamela, smiled at me. Her blonde hair was moving in a swift movement. Her green eyes flowed with excitement.

"Thank you Pam," I giggled lightly hugging her back. Pamela is a popular, like me, smart girl, who hates bees that, evidently love her. Next Thursday we would graduate and leave the school with the knowledge I didn't really have to study for actually, I didn't have to study at all.

The announcement was over and we left after school in a huddle.

"Ani, here's your note book, looks like I won't be needing it after all, Mrs. Bush said that it was all okay and I get extra credit for even trying at all," Monica, another best friend of mine, huffed handing me my books back.

"Good job," I smiled hugging her. Her caramel skin shined with health. I always adored Monica for her beautiful black hair and brown eyes. I also love the fact that she is from Africa, but brought to LA. I'm planning on traveling to Africa, when I get my license that is.

"Honestly, Ani I don't see how you could get straight A's without doing all nighters." Monica sighed with appreciation. I just smiled at that and hopped into my silver escalade that mom bought me for my 17th birthday party last year.

"See you guys on Saturday!" I waved my hand out of the window at my friends who hopped into their cars waving bye also.

I wonder how I got such a perfect life, along with perfect parents who love and adore me, the best friends that care and listen to every complaint I make. Which isn't much since nothing bad like that ever happened to me? Being rich, and I mean filthy rich, was the dream, especially since I helped out orphanages, gave out free things to neighbors and other helpful things really made me feel better about myself, and that I was slightly changing the world.

"I'm home!" I shouted happily to my parents.

"We're in the kitchen honey!" My mother's voice shouted past the living room. I handed my white backpack to a maid and walked into the kitchen.

"Mom! Dad! Guess what!" I smiled giving each one of them a huge hug.

"What?" My dad smiled. His black beard moving slightly and his brown eyes showed kindness and feelings.

"Dad, that's not much of a guess," I smiled. He grunted in refusal knowing he would have to guess since he hated being kept out.

"Does it have something to do with school and that assembly you told us about this morning?" He asked his eyes showing hope.

"Your good, and your answers are?" I held my voice in one of those announcer voiced holding an invisible microphone near their mouths.

"You got permission to help the principle?" Daddy shrugged.

"Oh! I know! You're getting your diploma?" My mom guessed. She loved these kinds of games.

"Ding! Ding! Ding! Mrs. Olympia has got the right answer!" I shouted jumping around.

"Dang it!" My dad frowned disappointed that he lost at the most easy game ever.

"I get it on next Thursday!" I jumped up and down in one spot with my mother, her long brown hair bouncing lightly around her shoulders. Those loving brown eyes of hers showing love and happiness for her daughter.

"Davie, we have to celebrate," My mom said with pleading eyes. I play gagged at her nickname for my father.

"Hmm... fine," He shrugged. My mom's smile widened at her success and dragged my father outside so they could speak, but they were brought right back out when out servant, Sir Dunce, came and told them something.

"Anastasia! Go get dress, Mr. and Mrs. Alanis are on their way!" My mother squealed. I nodded and ran up the stairs. They were Daddy's most important customers, in whatever job he has, of course I never met them, until tonight! I am kind of excited, ma and dad talked a lot about them.

"What should I wear?" I asked excitedly to my talking black cat Eclipse. I do understand what you're thinking right now, but I have a talking cat. She reminds me that anything is possible, especially when I disagree she grows into a giant cat the size of half of my body and still amazes me.

"I would go with that white fluffy down dress, brings out your eyes and hair color," She smiled lightly.

"Oh please, I would rather have you wear that black one that makes your hair see like its shining in the dark," Ivory, Eclipse's sister, a white cat , huffed at her choice. I pulled both dresses out and matched it to my now, partly, naked body.

"Sorry Ivory, but Eclipse is right this time, the dress does go with me," I smiled at both of their choices. She huffed once again and had her back towards me as she lay on my pillow.

"Oh, you know I love you," I giggled as I lightly grabbed her off of my bed and petted her head. Her grudge disappeared as she slightly lifted her head and purred lightly. I kissed her forehead and put her down to get dressed. When the dress stopped just above my knees I put on white eyeliner and eye shadow as it made my eyes brighter.

"How do I look?" I asked twirling around making sure my curls were in the right places.

"Gorgeous," Eclipse's smirked lightly.

"Drop dead gorgeous," Ivory purred.

I jumped at the sound of the doorbell and smiled.

"That's my cue," I ran out of the room and into the kitchen helping Dunce with the salad and fast, but perfect, steak. I heard voices in the dining hall and quickly made my way there. I bumped into something hard and looked up into deep blue eyes. My heart beat with pain.

Conturyo!