Chapter 4

I dream of something but I'm not sure exactly what it is. I see someone in front of me, reaching for me, but I don't know who that person is. I try to reach back for him because I feel like my heart is going to break if I don't get to him. Unfortunately when I' m about to touch him, to see his face, he dissapears into thin air. I try desperate to look everywhere for him, but I can see nothing around me.
         That's when I hear a damn fly buzzing around and I know that I'm starting to wake up. I try to get back to sleep to see if I can find out who the mistery guy is, but the irritating buzz just won't stop.
          I wake  up annoyed trying to find  out where the sound was coming from. I soon realise that it wasn't a fly, it was just my phone vibrating. I grabbed it and my heart stopped for a second when I saw who was calling me so insistently. Of course it  was my sweet nightmare  Mike.  I considered not to answer but the temptation of hearing his voice is bigger and I can't stop myself.
         "Morning sleepyhead. It was about time you answered me." He said cheerfully.
         "Really Mike? What's the matter with you?" I asked a bit too loud but he was getting on my nerves.
         "Ohoo... someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." He said mockingly but his tone became playfull afterwards. "We're late for class. You have ten minutes to be downstairs. I am already in front of your dorm."
         Late? I glanced at the clock but it said that it was only 7a.m. I think his watch must be broken...or better said his brain for that matter.
         "WTF Mike? It's only 7a.m. Our class starts in two hours. We have plenty of time so stop bugging me!"
        I really don't get him at all. What does he want from me. He calls me like we're best buddies or something like that.
       "Ok sleepyhead, I know we have two hours left, but I wanted to go with you out for a coffee, to get some energy for this boring day that awaits us and also hang out with you..." he trailed off.
        Mike wanted to hang out with me? That was odd. I wonder what he is up to... one day he ignores me, then the other wants to hang out... maybe he has an evil twin because I really can' t keep up with his mood.
          "Ha...hang out with me?...like you're serious?...now?" I stutter.
          "Yeah dumbass...Like now!!!" He groaned getting a little annoyed I think.
          "Stop calling me names!"
          "Then you'd better bring your ass down here in ten minutes if you don't want me to barge in and drag you out just in your pyjamas!" He chuckled. Looks like he was back to his good mood.
            "Ok, ok if that means you'll stop annoying me!" I said and hung up quickly before he had time to say anything else.
          God... I can't believe it. He wanted to hang out with me. It was like a dream to me and it made me feel all mushy.
         I dress up quickly earning some stares from my roomates who looked at me like I was crazy...well they aren't that far from the truth. After I finished dressing I practically ran  downstairs eager to see him.
        Mike  was standing in front of the building dressed in some blue jeans and a blue t-shirt, with his hands in his pocket looking down nervously like he was already regretting this. The moment he sensed me approaching, he looked  up and a smile spread across his face. It was breathtaking.
       "Hi." I said awakardly not knowing how to act around him.
       "Hi." He said back feeling just as awkard as me and not taking his hand out of his pockets. "Follow me. I know a nice place, that is close to the university. We could go there for a coffee and a little chit-chat." He  winked at me and I swear my heart just skipped a beat.
        "Uhmm." I muttered not being able to articulate a response and started following him. We started walking together, both of us looking anywhere else but not at each other. I felt like something was pulling me closer to him, to touch him, but I tried to look unaffected by his presence. The silence between us was becoming a lot more awkard.
       "So..." I started speaking just to fill the silence. "Are you always a morning person?"
        "Hmm?" He said like he just came back to present time and when he recovered he put on a smile and continued " I'm a morning person only when I have important stuff to attend."
       "So I'm important stuff?" I asked laughing.
      "You could say that..." he said turning away from me becoming serious again, but not before blushing a little. "Look! This is the place..." he pointed to his left to a nice and cozy caffe, and opened the door for me to get inside.
       "Looks great!" I said  still feeling uncomfortable around him. I'm even scared to speak to Mike because of his mood changes.
        We went in and he chose a far away booth that will keep us hidden from most of the other costumers. After we ordered our coffee we sat there still not looking at each other. We were acting like little kids. I don't know why but I felt more comfortable talking to him at phone or through messages and I think he feels the same because he is more carefree at the phone.
         "Do you often come here?" I asked him. I wanted to add that if he comes here with other girls often, but I keep my mouth shut.
        "Whenever I want to relax, to get my mind off of things. Look Carol... the reason I wanted to hang out with you was that I wanted to apologise for my behaviour. I know I haven't been a nice guy, but I'm trying really hard to do that." He muttered so quietly that I barely heard him.
      Wow... he was apologising. So he knew he has been a dick to me. But how do I know he won't be like that anymore.As if reading my mind he added:
      "I can't promise that I won't be like that again, but I will try... please be my friend...I need you to be my friend." He said  pleading me with his beautiful eyes.
       "It's no big deal..." like hell is, but I won't admit to him that his behaviour affects me a lot. " I mean, I don't like being treated like that, but I also want to be friends with you, so I think I could try to get past your behaviour.  With one condition though. Tell me... why are you nice to me like you are now and the next moment you're a total ass?" I asked blushing. I hope it doesn't upset him.
     "An ass?" He asked incredulous. "Ouch that hurt." He chuckled. I really love seeing him like this smiling and happy. "I can't tell you because if I do, I will have to kill you, and I don't want to do that because I really like you." He said winking and continued "All I can tell you is that everything is complicated...very complicated, but I really want for us to be friends. I don't know why but I need to be your friend." He sighed looking at his hands on the table.
       "So basically I have to trust you  and not get upset when you are being mean? I don't know what say about that, but all I can tell you know is that I really want to be your friend too." I say reaching my hand to touch his in assurance. In the instant I touch his fingers I feel sparks going all the way up my arm, and I think he feels it too becuse a sevond later he pulls away leaving my hand empty and becoming nervous again. It's like he wants me near him  but at the same time he doesn't... like he is having an inner battle with his feelings.
     "We have to go now...we are late..." he said without looking at me while getting up. He waited for me to do the same.
    I felt a little hurt, but he already told me that this is 'complicated' so I have to get used to it if I want to be close to him, to keep seeing him. I don't think that's good for my heart but I'm ready to see how this friendship will turn out.
    Sensing my confusion he put his hand on my back leading me towards the exit and giving me a smile. That was all I needed. For that dazziling smile I'm ready to endure all his mood changes because my heart craves for it.

I hope you liked it.
Please comment. I need to know your opinion because I want to know if I should continue or not.