𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 | 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ reader ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Just as ______ walked in the door, I lost the round of Mortal Kombat I had been playing against the AI. She entered the living room and upon seeing me sitting on the sofa, ran placed her hands on my shoulders and gave me a kiss on the side of my face.

"Hey, Levi,"

"Hi ______. How was work?"

She plopped down next to me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Exhausting. I have tomorrow off though, for real this time,"

I hummed in response and extended my arm around her back, pulling her close.

"Want to talk about it?"

She sighed heavily and began to play with the buttons on my shirt.

"The new trainee managed to break the coffee pot, meaning we can't serve coffee until the manager replaces it. He flooded the sink somehow, and it was a super busy day. So with only me and Hanji working, we were both on our feet constantly with no breaks."

I rubbed small circles on her shoulder with the pad of my thumb, listening to her small sigh of contentment.

"What did you do all day?"

"Slept. After I ate, I just went back to bed. I made sure to make yours though. I just woke up an hour ago,"

"Thank you. is your head feeling any better?"

I nodded. Even though it hadn't gone away completely, it was bearable.

We sat in comfortable silence as she continued to play with the buttons.

"______? Can we talk?"

She pulled away from me making me frown at the loss. She turned towards me and tilted her head.

"Of course. About what?"

I sighed and crossed my arms, a nervous habit I'd formed over the years.

"Earlier. I know I hurt you. I'm not good at talking about these things so please bear with me."

She watched my face intently, silently telling to to continue.

"I think I'm finally ready. Even though it doesn't seem like I've made progress, I've never opened up to anyone as much as I have with you. I'm comfortable around you. The last two months of hanging out and getting to know you had made me want to feel things again? It's oddly comforting"

She tugged at her lip with her teeth, clearly trying to process my words entirely.

"I don't want you to feel pressured or anything, but I want to..."

She moved closer and took my hand in hers as I tried to avoid her stare. After gathering my thoughts, I looked into her eyes, the same beautiful (e/c) that I'd grown to love.

"I wanna ask if you'll be mine,"

Instead of giving me an answer, I felt pressured against my lips. I was surprised at first but kissed back, her lips just as intoxicating as they were the very first time I'd ever kissed her. Her hands gripped my collar as her lips moved in sync with mine. Eventually, she pulled away for air and leaned her forehead against mine and looked into my eyes.