Chapter Seven: Blessing

Nim was a happy soul.

It didn't matter them that they didn't have others his age to play with.

As long as those he loved were near he was satisfied.

Everyday was a blessing.

Which was a strange thought, one that Nim didn't understand.

It didn't worry him though, and he never told anyone of the strange thoughts he had sometimes.

Just...

Like he didn't tell anyone of his invisible friend.

They'd been there forever.

Never straying.

Never saying anything.

Not they needed to, he understood them anyway.

Nim knew they'd leave someday, as one day they wouldn't be needed.

"Why dis a blessing?" Nim asked his imaginary dried, mismatched eyes looked at him sadly.

"Oh... because I'm alive!" Nim said clapping his hands.

It didn't bother him that he knew that he should be dead.

OoOoO

Nightmare peeked into Nims playroom, a gentle smile on his face as Nim played happily with his invisible friend. He knew Nim did not know others knew of them, but with a nody house like this the other adults knew.

It hurt a bit that Nim had no trued friends, only imaginary.

Yet none of his followers, or those he deemed safe to be about Nim had Shins the right age.

At least he'd had Dream when they came into existence.

Hopefully Nim would have plenty of friends when he was older, as Nightmare did not want him to be as lonely as Error had been. He'd known the Destroyer had been very very alone, as his duty could keep him away for years at a time.

Nim would not have a life like that.

"Boss, its all set up," Killer said slipping down the hallway.

"Good, I'll be down in a bit," Nightmare said, Killer nodded and headed downstairs where the others waited. Nightmare stepped into the playroom, goop vanishing as he walked inside.

"Mama!" Nim cried happily dropping a toy, the tiny Shin ran to his mother and Nightmare pulled him up and spun him in the air.

"Hello love, you having fun?" Nightmare asked, cuddling Nim close and feeling the tots magic hum against his own. Nim happily babbled about the games he was playing, Nightmare happily listening as he walked them through the house.

It was then they walked into the living room.

"Happy Third Birthday NIM!" everyone shouted, making the shin startle briefly.

The next few hours weer a very happy one, Nightmare usually had Nim on his lap as presents were opened and followed by cake.

Nim was a blessing to his life, no matter how the reason he came to be started.

Error leaned against the wall and smiled.

Nightmare blinked and Error vanished, he must have been more tired then he thought.

He Never saw Nim smile and wave at his past self.