"Do you want to come here and guard...something?" Edmund proposed him, ignoring his question.

"Ah, yes. Good idea, cousin. Very, uh, logical," he immediately accepted, then started staring at them with a confused look, probably waiting for further directions.

Caspian sighed, pulling the dagger out of his belt and handing it to him, as a precaution.

"I've got it. I've got it. Don't worry." the boy stated, tying to to look confident but failing miserably.

Elizabeth pushed the massive iron doors of the building and the four entered with caution. They found themselves in a large dark room, with a high ruined ceiling, from which numerous bells descended. The narrow windows let in a thread of light to illuminate two rows of white marble statues not far from the walls. In the center of the hall was a stone lectern, a large book was opened on it, surrounded by other volumes sealed by chains. Several names were written on the yellowed pages, some of which were erased by red lines.

"Who are all these people?" Lucy asked, looking at the book.

"Why have they been crossed out?" Edmund demanded right after

"It looks like some kind of fee," the girl suggested.

"It's a ledger," Elizabeth stated, "a ledger of slave sale," she sighed.

"Slave traders." Caspian assumed in a serious tone.

As if called, a dozen men descended with ropes from the ceiling, surrounding the group.

"Look out!" shouted Caspian, drawing his sword and being immediately imitated by his companions, who prepared to defend themselves.

Elizabeth was tense as never before, holding a firm grip on the hilt. She had no idea what to do or how she was gonna get out of it alive, but she was surely gonna get out of it alive.
Once on the ground, one of the pirates immediately ran towards her armed to the teeth. Another followed him right after. The woman raised her sword and, with an agility that surprised even herself, she blocked the strikes of the first. However, she knew she couldn't beat him in physical strength, so she used her cunning: a kick on the shin to undermine his balance, a cut on the right forearm to disarm him, a swift movement to parry his left fist and a strong elbow in full face to stun him. Once the first man was out, her quick reflexes allowed her to feel the arrival of the second, but she was not quick enough to prepare to receive him. He hurled himself at her with all his might, disarming her in a few quick blows.

Caspian turned his head in the direction of the woman to make sure she was okay.

"Liz!" he shouted, seeing her opponent having the upper hand.

Without thinking twice, the King quickly repelled his opponent and used his crossbow to shoot an arrow that pierced the man before he could strike the final blow. To save the woman, however, Caspian had lowered his guard, thus he was too late to to block a blow to his shoulder.

Before the situation could worsen, however, a sharp scream, followed by the loud noise of the metal door closing, stopped the fight. Standing before them was now a man richly dressed in clothes that Elizabeth would have called oriental, who held a dagger pointed at Eustace's throat.

"Unless you want to hear this one squeal like a girl again," he started,"I'd say you should drop your weapons." he ordered them.

"Like a girl?" Eustace complained, outraged.

"Now!" the men yelled.

"Eustace." Edmund angrily sighed.

"Put them in irons!" the newcomer commanded his man, who obeyed immediately.