Chapter 2: Heights

A/N let's just assume that this is all in Brittany's POV unless I say otherwise.

I've gotten through one week of the same routine. Wake up, get ready, go to work, get Santana her coffee, work, get her lunch even though she STILL refuses, work, say an awkward (getting less awkward as the days go by) goodbye, go home, clean, eat, sleep, repeat. For some reason, it all seems worth it when I see Santana everyday.

I was hella tired last night so I didn't do the dishes. I woke up extra early so I could just do them this morning. It was 5 am, I am all ready for work and I just turned on the water to begin doing the dishes, when my cellphone rings.

Santana the name popped up on my screen
B-hello?

S-Brittany! She sounds relieved

B-yes?

S-thank god you answered. You need to come in right now!

B-wh-

S- RIGHT NOW!

She hangs up and all I can do is stare at my phone. I turn off the water and sigh. Hopefully Michael won't come home today.

I walk through the 15th floor to see Santana pacing around outside her closed office door

"Santana? What's wrong?" I asked genuinely worried

"Brittany!" She jumps into my arms and hugs me. I'm taken aback but I hug her anyway.

"W-what's wrong?" I ask again.

She detaches from me and looks down.

"I think the cleaning lady came through.." she starts. I nod, telling her to continue "she um... she left the blinds open."

"Do.. do you want me to close them?" I ask.

"Yes! Please!"

"Okay.." I say and go to the door. When my hand touches the handle, she turns around so she's not looking. Weird.

I go to the window and look out.

"Woah.. Santana you should come look at this." I say completely forgetting whatever she's afraid of.

"No no. I'm good over here thanks."

"It's so beautiful." I say looking out at a snow covered New York.

"I'll just take your word on that."

"Santana... are- are you scared of heights?" I question, putting the pieces together

She just looks down. I smile and close the blinds, only keeping a tiny crack open.

"Come here and look outside." I tell her. "Only through this small crack."

"Uh. No."

"Santana do you trust me?" She looks at me for a minute, then nods. "Then trust me when I say this is worth it."

After a moment of hesitation she steps forward. I hold onto her bare shoulders and almost gasp at how soft they are. Almost. "See?"

I open the blinds just a little more and she reluctantly peers out.

I see her give a small smile. "Okay.. you were right." She turns to smile at me. "Thank you. Now close these blinds." I laugh and do as I'm told.

"Well I'm here. What do you need me to do?" I ask.

"Hmm... well, first off, I need you to make some copies and staple them. Then I need you to get that down for me." She says back in business mode. I just smile because she is clearly to short to get... whatever that is... down from that high shelf.