Xavier sighed before slouching further down the seat. The next thing he did was lay his head against my shoulder.

I kissed the top of his head, feeling more than affectionate towards him.

He had come along to make sure I was safe, to make sure I wouldn't be alone, even when I knew full well how much he didn't want to be here.

Katie was up and dancing, and I chose to spend half of my night sat with Xavier in the corner booth. His head laying on my shoulder, his hand still against the tops of my thighs.

"I want to take you home." Xavier said over the music. I only just about heard him as his mouth turned in to touch my neck.

"I want to go home." I stated back. Xavier got up from his set and took hold of my hand, pulling me up too.

Before Xavier could take me anywhere, a slightly tipsy Katie made her way over to us. She took hold of my hand strongly, ripping me away from Xavier and pulling me to the dance floor.

So many sweaty bodies swamped my frame. I looked ahead for Xavier, but he was now lost against the crowd.

Katie pulled me into her arms and she started to dance around me.

I didn't want to leave Xavier alone around here.

I tried to look around for him, but I couldn't see him any where.

Before I could do anything more, Katie spun me around whilst she laughed. She gave me the bottle of beer she had in her hands.

I smiled her way as she beamed at me. Her brown hair stuck to her forehead, but Katie didn't have a care in the world.

That's what I loved about her, her ability to not care about anything but to have fun.

With that in mind, I laughed with her, I took hold of her hand and she squealed as I gave her a slight twirl.

We started to dance as the tempo changed in the music, and for a minute, I forgot about Xavier just for a bit.

I'm sure he was okay, he'd be okay. He was a grown man, strong enough to defend himself.

But then, his vulnerability, his hatred of the place and the tenseness I felt when I was with him before made me stop. Katie continued to dance around me.

I was torn.

Katie began grinding behind me, and I found myself copying her with Xavier still in mind.

A new song came on, with abit more base and a much more sexier tune. Katie was getting in to it more than anyone on the dance floor, and I reveled in this time I had with her.

I didn't see her much anymore.

I was getting sweaty now, but it didn't stop me from grinding up against my best friend.

We laughed together as we both got in to the music. I sipped from the beer.

Soon, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I jumped slightly, before I felt breath fanning across my skin.

My skin prickled in awareness, in the good way. I knew who it was, I could sense him, my body becoming aware and on fire.

Xavier.

Only he could make me feel this way; effect me this way. Only ever Xavier.

"Now I really want to take you home." He croaked in my ear. I breathed heavily, his body behind me effecting me more than it should.

I could feel his breath behind me, panting hard. His warm breath causing me to have to bite back a moan.

"Why don't you take me home then?" I wasn't drunk, far from it. I've been drunk enough before to know I wasn't.

But Xavier made me feel as if I was. I had a new found confidence.

"If I do, I won't be able to stop what I want to do to you." He replied back. I shivered with lust.

"I don't care." I breathed into his ear. "Please." I almost whined and pleaded. Xavier growled slightly in my ear.

He took hold of Katie's arm and pulled her out of the crowd.

He pulled us both out of the building and into the now dark and cold air.

I shivered at the coldness. Katie didn't care about the coldness against her exposed skin, and she continued to laugh all the way down the street.

Xavier slowed down slightly, taking hold of my hand gently, but his hand still firm as he walked.

Katie then began to shiver too, I saw this; Xavier, however, was on a mission and didn't quite notice.

"Xavier." I grabbed his attention and pointed to a shivering Katie. Xavier shrugged his jacket off and laid it over Katie's shoulders.

I was jealous of the warmth it gave her, whereas I was still shaking.

However, Xavier didn't miss a beat, he wrapped his arms around my body, picking me up in to his body and I wrapped my legs around his waist, clinging to his large body like a monkey.

I was so much warmer now as I shook in his arms. His arm rubbed my back soothingly, and I laid my head against his neck.

I began to kiss his neck as he made sure Katie was also safe. Yet his body tensed slightly.

"You need to stop that." He said as he still walked. I looked to him deflated. "You need to stop or I won't get you home." He said, his voice low and husky.

I did stop, but I kept my head perched into the crook of his neck.

My heart was beating loudly, my senses aware and alert. I needed him.

I needed him.

We took Katie home and took care of her before leaving. She was giggling even whilst we out her into bed, but soon, I knew, she'd be out of it. She slept like a log when she was drunk.

Xavier put me back in his arms before walking over to my room. He unlocked the door and slammed it shut with his foot on the way in.

I thought he was going to lay me on the sofa, but instead, he went over to the bed in my bedroom.

Once we were there, he laid me down softly before crawling up my body.

"I don't want to push you, Em, but I really fucking need you."

----------------

Here you go! Hope you enjoyed.

I can't wait to get this book to 1 million reads even if it is a while away:)

I love you guys. Thanks for reading!

Vote and comment if you want to:) I mean I'm not pushing you...;) x