Chapter. 1

I walk through the school clenching my bag strap as I walk pass my old hang out. Where my best friends and I would stand and do anything and everything together. I walk to the front of the school and join my only friend left from the big group of close friends. Tiffany. I smile as we sit and talk about anything and everything. We talk about things that happened yesterday and what is yet to happen today. I eat my sandwich and a chip packet as I lean against the tree that has us protected from the sun. We giggle and play music. We watch as people walk pass us. Their mental daggers stabbing us multiple times in the chest.

I ignore them but Tiffany can't help but notice. I comfort her and with in a few minutes we don't notice anything because we are too busy laughing and joking about everything, again. She shows me pictures of her vacation as I show her pictures of my holiday. We laugh and she nudges my arm causing me to hiss in pain. She lifts up my sleeve and sees a bruise. Black blue and red. She tears up and I flash a genuine smile as she laughs and cries at the same time. She knows what happens at my house. She is the only one that cares. I arrive to my last scheduled class and sit with Tiffany at pur usual spot. We quietly work on our drawings as the teacher unnoticed slips out of class. I feel a cold shadow near me as I turn to see Carter standing near me. He flashes his signature smirk and leans against the table as I roll my eyes and proceed with my art work. He dips his finger into ink and smears it across my face causing me to become over raged. I stand up and look at him trying my best to show no sign of emotion. He smirks and walks back to his table. I walk to the class sink and wash my face as Carter stalks me. He gets in the way as I wipe my face. I growl quietly then the teacher walks in and Carter leaves me alone. I sit back at my table as I continue on my work to see a black mark going across the paper.

Tiffany looks downwards as her hair covers her face. I brush her hair out of her face and tuck it behind her ear. She looks at me with her sad eyes as I smile reassuringly. I paint around the black smudge and fix my work making it look better then intended.