The life I left Behind

2 months before

Mo POV

I was taking a shower pondering the fact Malique decided to marry Taj. I just wanted to end it all but I have my babies to live for.

As I was getting out the shower Kaydence started crying so I wrapped my towel around me and went to her room to feed her. I was in the rocking chair breast feeding her when I heard Devin come in. I got up to peek down stairs and saw he had company. I closed the nursery door due to me only being in a towel.

I sat back down to feed her when I heard him calling me. I tried to ignore him but he started coming up the stairs.

"Mommy is feeding Kaydi" I heard Dj say.

Devin came in the room

"So we don't wear clothes anymore" he said.

"I was in the shower and she was crying." I said avoiding eye contact.

"You want Dj to sexualize you" he said and my head popped up.

"Hell no, that's sick. He is my son" I snapped.

"Technically he is my son. You want my friends to see your body" he asked.

I knew he was drunk and I just didn't want to fight tonight.

"Devin, I'll go put some clothes on now. Just have the guys go in your man cave and I'll throw on something" I said hoping he would just walk out.

"Naw, let them see you. You want to be seen so damn bad. Let them see how much of a dirty whore you are" he yelled.

"Devin, please. You have company and I'm trying to put Kaydence back to sleep." I fussed.

He walked out and yelled to his boys.
"Yall wanna see my wife. She wants to be seen and she in a towel. She wants y'all to see her" he said.

I heard them mumbling. Then one guy yelled "You handle that man. We gon leave"

I heard the door open and he looked back at me

"You ruined guy night." He said grabbing himself.

"Devin, I just wanted to feed Kaydence." I said in a frustrated tone putting Kaydence back in her crib.

"Well now I'm hungry. Let's go" he said yanking me by my hair. The towel fell and I tried to grab it but couldn't. He turned around and saw the towel was off of me and slapped me.

"I have a damn son and you let the towel fall" he yelled.

I was crying holding my face. I felt the blood fall from my mouth.

"I tried to grab it" I cried.

He pulled me by my hair again and drug me to our room. I saw Dj walk out his room and he stood there crying watching before Devin closed the door.

"You wanna be a whore Mo" he said standing over me.

"No, please Devin" I cried.

He unzipped his pants and got on top of me. I wasn't wet and he felt that and grew angrier.

"You don't want me now. You sleeping with someone else" he said slurring his words from being drunk.

"Devin please" I said before he punched me in the face.

I was knocked out cold and all I could think about was getting my kids and myself out of that environment. This was the last time I would let Devin beat me.

I woke up sore around 3:55 in the morning. Devin wasn't in the bed so I checked the man cave and he was laid out on the couch sleep with his dick still in his hand from pleasing himself.

I tiptoed to Dj's room and didn't see him. I started to panic and went to Kaydence room and he was in there holding her sleep on the floor.

"Dj" I whispered waking him up.

"Mommy" he gasped rubbing my face.

"It's okay, I need you to be quiet. Go get your handheld game, some clothes in your duffle bag and meet me in the garage." I whispered. He nodded and did as he was told.

I was gathering Kaydence some clothes when I heard the steps creak. I stopped and peeked and saw some bitch looking around my house.

"Devin is downstairs" I whispered.

"Who are you" she asked with an attitude.

"I'm his wife, I don't care if you're sleeping with him. I just don't want you up here." I cried.

"I'm looking for you. My husband sent me. He is a friend of Devin but he doesn't agree with what Devin and the other guys do with their wives." She said.

I was hesitant to believe her but the only people who can get into our home is Devin's close friends and myself.

"I'm waiting on my son. I'm leaving him" I told her.

"I'll help" she said with an eager tone.

"I have to manually open the garage to get my car. You can help me with that" I told her.

"Leave it. He has tracking on his cars. I know how these men work. My husband comes home and tell me the stories and my heart breaks." She said.

"I need a way to leave." I told her crying.

"I have my car. We need to leave now though" she said.

I gathered Dj and Kaydence and left my house and life with Devin for good.

I woke up when the car came to a stop.

"Where are we" I asked the woman.

"We are at the airport." She said.

I saw her husband walk out who is the man that instructed everyone to leave when Devin wanted to expose my body to the guys.

"You" I said angrily walking backwards.

"I'm not here to hurt you. I left because if I witnessed him hit you I would snap. I'm on your side" he said.

"We want to help. We got you a new ID and if you get on this plane you are no longer Monica. You'll be Chelsea Reynolds. Your kids names are changed too. Let us help you leave this monster." She said.

"What about my family" I asked.

"For now your main concern is the family you're raising" the lady said to me.

I took the ID and boarded the plane. I didn't know where we were going but I was free and my kids were safe