𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐬

Start from the beginning

"'Course, he's very ambitious, Percy, he's got it all planned out...he wants to be Minister of Magic," Ron said in an undertone as you left the shop.

An hour later, all of you headed for Flourish and Blotts. You were surprised to see a large number of people—made up mostly of witches around Mrs. Weasley's age—scurrying to get inside the doors looking disheveled and mad.

The reason for this was proclaimed in a large banner stretched across the upper windows:

GILDEROY LOCKHART
Will be signing copies of his autobiography
MAGICAL ME
Today 12:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.

"We can actually meet him!" Squealed Hermione excitedly. "I mean, he's written almost the whole booklist!"

You were able to squeeze inside the shop. There was a long line inside leading straight to the very back, where Gilderoy Lockhart was signing his books. All of you grab a copy of The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 before sneaking up the line where the rest of the Weasleys were standing with Mr. and Mrs. Granger.

"Oh, there you are, good," said Mrs. Weasley. She sounded breathless and kept patting her hair. "We'll be able to see him in a minute..."

Gilderoy Lockhart comes out of a back room, taking a seat at a table surrounded by large pictures of his own face, all winking and flashing his perfect teeth at the crowd. The real Gilderoy grins dazzlingly as the crowd clapped at his appearance.

"Mum fancies him," Ron mutters to Harry, which earned him a weak slap to the shoulder by Mrs. Weasley.

"Out of the way, there," snarled a short man with a large black camera at Ron, moving back to get a better shot. "This is for the Daily Prophet!"

"Big deal," said Ron, rubbing his foot where the photographer had stepped on it.

Gilderoy smiles for the camera, before his eyes wander back to the crowd and he sees Harry. He stares. Harry stares back.

"It can't be Harry Potter?" Shouted Lockhart.

"Harry Potter!" Exclaims the photographer and seized Harry by the shoulder. "Excuse me, madam!" He said to Mrs. Weasley as he dragged him to the front with Lockhart.

Harry's face was burning when Lockhart places an arm over his shoulder in a tight grip, rendering him in place as the photographer clicks away madly while purple smoke emits with every blinding flash. You cough into your hand when it wafts to you and the Weasleys.

"You alright?" Asked George. You just nod dismissively before turning back to Harry.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Lockhart said loudly, "what an extraordinary moment this is! The perfect moment for me to make a little announcement I've been sitting on for some time!

"When young Harry stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, Magical Me—which I shall be happy to present him now, free of charge—" the crowd applauded again.

"He had no idea," Lockhart continued, "that he would shortly be getting much, much more than my book. He and his schoolmates will, in fact, be getting the real magical me. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have great pleasure and pride in announcing that this September, I will be taking up the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!"