Wait... what the fuck

The rest of the day went by slow me and two didn't do anything but go visit Soda and steve at the DX, it was a pretty boring day to say the least. That is until me, Soda and Darry were eating supper, two was going on some date with this chick Cathy and Steve was going out with Evie.

The phone rang just as we were sitting down to eat,  Darry huffed and got up, me and Soda started eating, Soda was hoeing into his food I mean he barely ate the past week just little bites of toast or the odd apple just so Darry wouldn't worry. "How was work?"

I asked eating some of my potatoes. Soda nodded with a smile. "It was great!"

He said after he'd swallowed his food. "I mean there was this car man it was the coolest thing ever it was a soc car man it would've been so fucking cool in a drag race!"

I raised an eyebrow and smiled. "Really what kinda horse power?"

"He said it tops out at 158mph!" Soda replied, I looked in shock. "Oh my god I would kill to drive something like that!"

Soda nodded quickly. "Right it was the coolest thing ever, it came in at the end of the day So it'll still be in the shop if you want to come look at it and help me and Steve work on it tomorrow!"

I nodded excitedly. "Your guys job is so cool!"

Soda smiled and was about to say something when Darry came barreling into the room. "Come'n we gotta go to the hospital!"

I looked over to him confused and so did Soda. "What why?"

Soda asked while he tired to shovel in the rest of his food I took a quick bit or too and got up, I had a bad feeling this was about, pony, Johnny or Dallas maybe the police found'em maybe they got into a shot out dallas did have a heater although it wasn't loaded, it was more so just for show. That doesn't mean the police won't shoot (ohhh the fore shadowing hahaha jkjk unless)

"They found ponyboy and Johnny." Darry said Soda dropped his fork and swallowed the food that was left in his mouth. "Really?! Are they okay?"

Soda said standing up. "They didn't tell me anything in Johnny but pony is okay, they were in a church fire apparently saved a bunch of little kids."

Darry said before he rushed to the door pulling on his shoes, I followed as quickly as I could. Soda was basically tripping over his own feet while we all rushed our asses out the door. I was so worried about Dallas sure but more about Johnny, I just had a feeling.

I had never seen Darry drive that fast, he was usually cautious driver a good one but cautious. Usually from bucks the hospital is 15 or 20 minutes with Dallas driving who does about 20 over the speed limit well with Darry we got there in 10. "Jesus Darry I think you gave me whiplash."

I said smiling rubbing the back of my neck. Darry and Soda both didn't say a word and rushed out of the truck. "Alright not in the mood for jokes I get it."

I mumbled shrugging and getting out of the truck myself, I ran after them since they were half way to the door already. "Guys wait for me!"

I yelled running after them, we all rushed into an elevator I was squished between Darry and a mom with her baby in her arms I tired my best to stay close to Darry not wanting to hit into the women, I looked over the women's arms. "Your baby's real cute."

I said quietly, she smiled at me and moved the blanket away from its face. "Thank you dear."

She said rubbing her index finger along its chin. "We're here to see his daddy aren't we."

She said starting off talking normal then talking in a baby voice to the little guy, I smiled at her. "Who are you here to see?"

She asked looking up from her baby's face to mine. "Oh my brother and my boyfriend."

I said with a light smile. "Oh dear I'm sorry."

I shrugged. "They just got admitted into the hospital so I'm not entirely sure if you need to say that ma'am they might be perfectly fine!"

I said smiling the women smiled too. "Well dear I hope they are."

I nodded. "I hope your husband is too."

The women held her baby closer rubbing his back. "Thank you sweetheart."

I nodded and that when the elevator doors opened and we went out separate ways, I was dragged to the main foyer by my hand by Sodapop basically stumbling over my own feet in the process. "Sodapop slow down!"

I complained before we hit the waiting room and there was ponyboy I don't think I've ever been more happy to see pony in my whole life. He was sat next to a bigger man who looked to be in his late 30's ponys head was leaned back while he was smoking his cigarette, covered from head to toe in sut. "Ponyboy?!"

Soda said in disbelief pony looked over and jumped to his feet running over to Soda tackling in a hug hiding his face behind soda's shoulder. "Oh look at your tough hair."

Soda said smiling and playing with pony boys now butchered and blonde hair. Pony looked up at Soda before he noticed Darry and let go of Soda immediately. "Darry! I'm sorry Darry."

Pony said before he hugged on to Darry tightly, Darry wrapped his arms around ponyboy protectively. "I thought we lost you like we did mom and dad..."

Darry said bitting back sobs Soda walked over and hugged them Darry pulled him into the  hug as well, I felt like I was intruding on a real personal moment probably cause I was, but I didn't really have anywhere to go, so I just tried my best to move off to the side that's when a nurse walked by, I tapped her shoulder before she walked passed me. "Umm excuse me miss I was wondering were Johnny cade might be?"

She looked sympathetically at me. "Oh dear..."

She said putting a hand on my shoulder. I stiffened up and felt a knot in my stomach this couldn't be good could it.... "I'm sorry dear he's in critical condition no one's allowed to see him at this time other Then immediate family."

"Oh..." I said before I raised an eyebrow. "wait? What the fuck?!"

☀️🌙☁️✨
Word count: 1137
Finished: 27/11/20
Note: Not me dragging this out as long as I can just so I don't have to write a certain chapter 🤩😭🤚