Part 2 - Giving a chance

ابدأ من البداية

"I don't believe in that cliché. So yeah, bolo, kya keh rahe the tum?"

"fine. I was trying to ask, ki logo ke ghar holi party mein jakar cheating se color lagana or deir raat ko chori karne ke alawa tumhare aur kya shauk hain?" teasing the girl, aint we Abir? she thought.

"Haww, I am not a chor. I told you I was trying to stop something wrong from happening. So that was anything but chori. And about holi party at your house, uss din maine tumhe saamne se bhi color lagaya tha." she reminded him of their previous meeting a week ago.

"alright alright. Isse pehle ki tum aur angry aur violent hojao, I agree ki tum chor nahi ho."

"good for you." She approved and took another sip of her chai.

"waise Abir, ek baat batao. Kabhi tumhe kisi aise insaan ke sath achanak rishta banana pade jiske liye tum ready nahi toh tum kya karoge?" She wasn't the one who would usually go around asking people about her personal problems. Specially about her grandfather and her relation. But talking to Abir felt right. And besides, she wasn't divulging much here.

Abir was surprised and amused hearing her question. But he took a minute to ponder on it before answering.

"I think I will take my time to judge that person. It is equally important to give myself some time as much giving that person. You can not force relations on anyone and that includes yourself. So, I will take time to see if that person is making me comfortable and if I am comfortable with that person. If I can trust myself with that person. And that takes efforts and time. You can't rush these things." She was listening to him intently as he spoke. And when he was done she felt like she got exactly what she wanted to hear.

***********

"meenu tumne Kunal aur Kuhu ke rishte ke baare mein kya socha hain? Holi ke din Maheshwari family humse milke gayi. Mujhe wo sab log bhale lage. Mere khayal se ab humein baat aage badhani chahiye" Nanu was talking to meenu, but he also expected some resistance from her.

"Kuhu? Aur kunal?"

"Haan, unn dono ke baare mein hi baat chalayi thi na?" nanu knew she would not be easy to agree.

On the other hand, Meenu had totally forgotten about it. But when her baapuji reminded her of Kuhu and 'Maheshwaris' her brain started working overtime. Kuhu was Maheshwari. Mishti was a girl raised by them. She was an heir to the "Agarwal group". Her thoughts were running wild.

"Perfect!"

"Kya kaha?" Baapuji was shocked hearing it.

"Maine kaha ki isse pefect baat koi ho hi nahi sakti baapu ji. Main toh bhul hi gayi thi iss sabke baare mein,kaam ke silsile mein. Accha hua aapne yaad dila diya. Main aaj hi unn logo se baat karungi." Nanu was overjoyed hearing that and left her room, before she changed her mind. Little did he know that she would never change her mind, specially not after knowing what she knew.

Meenakshi Rajvansh did not want to waste a single second after that. She knew that mishti was the key to the solution of all her problems with business. She had to bring mishti to this house and bind her to them. However, the talks were already initiated for kunal and kuhu. So, she had to play her cards smart. 'How else can I bring mishti this house permanently?' She was thinking, as she walked into the hallway and bumped into Abir.

"sorry ma, aapko lagi toh nahi?" he asked, concerned.

"Nahi beta, i am ok."

"aap thik toh hain na? pareshan lag rahi ho." he asked concerned.

And then it hit her. Abir!! Of course, Abir! He could help her!

But how will he agree for this? He was the last one to think about any new relationship. His obsession for his father hadn't yet died down so will he think about her idea of a new relationship? Who can convince him?

***********

"You have to help me kunal!" Meenu knew if anyone abir will listen to, it's his nanko.

"But maa, you know bhai doesn't want to get married yet."

"Haan beta, I know. But tum hi socho. Kab tak akela rahega wo? Kya tum nahi chahte ki usse bhi life ki sari khushiya mile? uss ki life mein bhi koi ho jo usse sabse zyada pyar karein, aisi koi usse samjhne wali aye? Aur shayad uske aane ke baad, abir baar baar ghar chod ke jaana bhul kar ghar mein theher jaye?" Meenu knew exactly what will work on Kunal. So she continued.

"And mishti being Suresh Agarwal's granddaughter is just a happy coincidence, nothing else. If anything, it will bring more joy to our house and also help in both the businesses. right? Their company 'Elite Tavels' will also benefit from a local giant like us after all" Kunal started thinking about that and meenu knew her plan was working.

***********

Precap: "Main apne bade bete Abir ke liye Mishti ka haath mangna chahti hoon" Meenakshi Rajvansh's strange wish surprised everyone.

Mishti looked at abir, shocked. Did he already know that? Why didn't he say anything to her when they met lakeside?

"Agar aap log thik samjhe toh kya main Mishti se bahar garden mein akele mein baat kar sakta hoon? For 5 minutes?" Abir said

***********

Please comment and vote if you like it.