Part 9 - Save you

A/N – I thought a lot about what the title should be for this chapter and finally thought this was apt. do let me know if you agree after you finish reading it. you'll know why I ask.

--*--

Mishti was looking around the restaurant still trying to take in the beautiful ambience. Her dadu felt satisfied seeing the joy on his child's face. Finally, after months of sorrow, he saw a beam of sunshine through her soft smile

"Dadu, when can we start our training?" she asked breaking his thought process

"Training?"

"itni jaldi bhul gaye? You promised to teach me business tactics. Kab se sikhayenge? And shall we do during office hours or after that? I think we should after, I don't want to take my work hours" she didn't even wait for his reply and finally dadu stopped his obviously workaholic granddaughter

"Wait beta, breathe. First of all, this is our 'celebration dinner' so I am not allowing any work talks here and secondly, start thinking about something else too. I am sure our business will run just fine, even if its heiress spends one evening with her old dadu" he said in a mock anger, looking at mishti who was sipping her mocktail

Mishti laughed a little and playfully hit her glass on the table. "Kya dadu aap bhi. I am not that workaholic, ok?"

"Accha? Do tell me what else do you do apart from work then? Watch any movies? Go to clubs? Dated anyone? Arre when I was your age, I already had 2 girlfriends! And here you are, not even looking at any boy." Dadu said shaking his head as if he was disappointed.

"Dadu?" she was shocked.

"Aur kya? I am not old fashioned, I am your cool grandpa. And I also want to get an opportunity to see you with a nice young man, to give permission when he asks if he can take you on dates, to scold you when you return late from dates. But tum toh aisa kuch hone hi nahi de rahi ho. So I am going to take charge now. Let's start today itself. Lets see if we can find any good guy around for you. Who knows maybe we'll meet some dashing, lovable young man who will be able to make my Mishti smile more?" though he said in a playful tone, Mishti sensed his sincere hope for her to move on.

If only she could.

If only her 'soulmate' was really going to be around that evening, like her dadu wished. Its not that easy, is it? she was broken, her heart was broken and there was no cure!

--*--

Abir, Kunal, Ketu and Atul finally settled around the table on a far corner of the VIP lounge. It was a nice cozy part of the restaurant and obviously had ambience to cater to the likings of city's elitist.

"Bhai mujhe bohot bhuk lagi hai. So I am going to order a lot of food." ketu said looking at the menu card

"bhai isko roko, otherwise if she keeps eating like this, she will get fat. Who will marry her then?" Atul started teasing his sister earning a slap from her on the shoulder

Abir however was feeling very restless. As if something was there in the air. He could not pinpoint what though. He didn't want to come anywhere in the first place, he just wanted to stay indoor. Maybe paint something...colors and canvas always helped him calm his mind.

"Bhai, kaha kho gaye?" ketu snapped her fingers in front of his eyes to bring his attention.

He was really losing sanity, he felt. Always getting lost in thoughts in the middle of conversations. His savior, however, was not there to help!

--*--

As the waiters arrived with their food and started laying it out on their table, Mishti looked at the bowls surprised.