Chapter 5~ Weird Feelings

POV: Miyuki Hoshizora
I woke up that morning with a big smile on my face. I had so much fun at the festival yesterday, that I was still in a good mood. I hopped out of bed and opened my window curtains. "It looks like today is going to be an Ultra Happy day!" I smiled as the sun shined brightly through the window. I got ready and rushed out the door, skipping merrily to school. Before I headed to my classroom, I stopped at my locker to change my shoes. Once I did that, I entered my classroom and was immediately greeted by Akane.

Akane: Morning, Miyuki!

Me: Good morning, Akane!

Akane: Yesterday was a lot of fun wasn't it?

Me: It sure was! Even though I was a bit nervous at first, you all gave me courage to take a step on the stage.

Sometime later, everyone was here, including Toyoshima. As soon as I saw him, I rushed over to him.

Me: Good morning, Toyoshima!

Toyoshima: O..oh! G..good morning, Miyuki!

Me: I had so much fun with you and everyone yesterday! This had to have been the best festival I've ever been to!

Toyoshima: Y...yeah! Me too!

Just as he said that, the doors opened and our teacher walked in.

Me: Okay, see you later, Toyoshima!

Toyoshima: Okay! Bye Miyuki!

As I walked back to my seat, my heart began to skip a beat. I didn't think much of it though. The whole morning seemed to drag on and on, until it was finally lunchtime. I went to grab my lunch and meet with the others in the courtyard, when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

Toyoshima: Hey Miyuki? If it's alright with you, do you think we could have lunch together?

Me: S..sure! Of course! I just need to let my friends know!

After that was said and done, I went up to the rooftop with Toyoshima, where he normally ate his lunch. We ate in silence for a while and it felt really awkward. I turned to look at him and felt my heart rapidly beating. Why am I getting so nervous? He's my friend, I shouldn't be getting nervous. Toyoshima turned to look at me.

Toyoshima: Miyuki? Are you okay?

Me: O...oh! Y...yeah! I'm fine! I..I'm sorry!

Toyoshima: Hey! It's okay!

Me: It's just that I've been feeling awkward.

Toyoshima: Awkward? What do you mean?

Me: It's hard to explain, but I've been feeling really nervous, just like I was on my first day of school.

Toyoshima: What are you so nervous about?

Me: That's the thing, I don't know what I'm so nervous about. It's a kind of nervousness I've never felt before, so I don't know why I'm feeling like this.

Toyoshima: That's really weird.

Me: I know, right?

Toyoshima: Maybe you should confine in your friends about this. They might be able to help.

Me: You know what, I think you're right. Thanks, Toyoshima!

Conversation flowed easily between the two of us, until the lunchtime bell rang, signaling that lunchtime is over. We walked back to our classroom and separated to our desks. Once again, class seemed to go on for an eternity, until it was finally over. I ran to my friends, telling them that I wanted to meet them in our secret base.

As soon as I got home, I ran to my room and approached my bookshelf. I used the secret code and unlocked the secret portal to the Library of Legends. When I arrived, I saw that everyone else was already there. We headed inside our clubhouse and took a seat at our table.

Reika: So Miyuki, what is it you wanted to discuss?

Me: Well, lately I've been feeling strangely shy and nervous.

Akane: Shy? Nervous? This doesn't sound like you at all!

Me: I know.

Yayoi: When did this start happening?

Me: After the festival yesterday, I believe.

Nao: How about this, when would you usually feel this way?

Me: Hmmm....for the most part....I'd say when I'm around Toyoshima.

The four girls gasped and began to blush.

Me: What is it?

Reika: Miyuki! I think that you're in love!

Me: I.......WHAT?!

My face began turning red as a tomato. I just didn't know what to say.

Akane: There's no denying, you like Toyoshima-kun, Miyuki!

Me: I...can't believe it!

Yayoi: I KNEW IT! MIYUKI, YOU MUST CONFESS TO HIM!

Me: B...but....I can't just....

Yayoi: YES YOU CAN! YOU MUST!

Reika: Yayoi, calm down now. You're scaring her.

Yayoi: Oh! Sorry, Miyuki!

Nao: But she's right about one thing. You do in fact have a crush on Toyoshima!

Me: What am I going to do?

Reika: I suggest that you keep spending time with him. Your bond will grow closer that way. And when the time is right, you confess your love to him. How does that sound?

Me: I....I guess I could try.

A little while later, I was back in my room thinking about those words. I really do have a crush on Toyoshima. I guess that explains why I've been acting weird around him. But how am I going to tell him? What if he doesn't like me back?

Those thoughts stuck in my mind for the whole rest of the day.