For once this 5 mile walk felt like i was walking just 20 feet. I was having such a good time walking, talking and laughing with Kenjiko. The chemistry we had outside of work was amazing. I can tell he actually enjoys talking to me.

"How old are you?", i asked curiously.
I could tell that i might be older than him. Of course he is over 6ft tall but he has such youthfull facial features.

He looks at least 18.

"22."

That caught me off guard. I'm thinking i am most likely two years older than him but really he's two years older than me.

"Really? When's your birthday?"

"March 1st."

He's a Pisces.

Pisces and Capricorn.

No wonder we have such good chemistry.

"I've already passed my stop but i can still walk you home if you want.", he suggested.

"Oh no that's fine. You should get home."

As much as i would love his company walking me to my doorstep, its late. And i would much likely want to see him again.

"Okay cool. So i'll see you at work tomorrow?"

"Yes!", i laughed rememebering the topics we were laughing about during our walk.

We waved goodbye one last time before turning our backs to each other, walking on our oppostite paths.

As i begun to cross the high way i can hear my name being called from behind me.

"Serena! Serena!"

I turned around to see Kenjiko jogging towards me. I hope i didn't drop something of mine.

"Sorry. I want to ask if you would like to text each other."

"Oh. Of course we can.", i blushed as i hand him my phone.

He puts his number in before exiting out the 'Contacts' app before pausing and stared at my phone for a second.
I look at him comfused.

"What's wrong?"

"Is that you?" He holds my phone up and points at my home screen picture. It was a picture of me with full on makeup, braids, posing with the peace sign and duck lips, wearing a black shirt with white writing that said, "The G.O.A.T..

I chuckled," Yeah. That was me on my Birthday."

He smiles as he gives back my phone.

"You looked cute."

There was no point in hiding how red my entire face was at that point.

"Thanks.", i said looking down.

"I'll see you later.", He waved, walking away.

"Bye!", i yelled as i ran across the highway.

After i took a quick shower and got ready for bed, i decided i should text him before i doze off.

"Hey! Did you get home safe?"
9:18pm

I started to fall asleep when i heard my phone vibrated.

"Yup, jus reached ;)"
9:22pm

"Awesome! What time are you coming in tomorrow?"
9:23pm

I sat up as i wait for his response. I hope he is working late with me again. I would love to get to know more about him.

I noticed he is taking longer to respond now.

Maybe he fell asleep. It has been a long day for us both. I'm sure he is more than tired so i understand.

Or maybe he just thinks you're lame.

You're just mad that i have someone who actually likes the real me.

You dont even know the real you.

I smiled as i hear my phone vibrates once again but my smiling came to a halt when i read his text.

"Sorry had to look at my schedule again. I see that i'm off tomorrow."
9:31pm

I quickly responded.

"Thats ok lol at least you can get some rest."
9:32pm

"Yh i think thats what i need. But i'll still text you tomorrow:)"
9:34pm

I blushed as read the last part.

"I will be looking foward to that:)"
9:35pm

"Goodnight."
9:36pm

"Goodnight;)"
9:36pm

Notice

Thank you to everyone who decided to give my book a read. This is my very first time writing a book so I would appreciate it so much if you would tell me what you think. Stay safe guys. ❤