I groaned in frustration when I saw the elevator full. I have no choice but to wait cuz I can't just use the staircase to go up to the 95th floor!

Seconds became minutes and minutes became forever before I was able to ride the elevator. I wait patiently to reach the 95th floor even though my frustration and panic are taking over my entire being right now.

My boss said to be here at 9 and it's already 9:40!

I don't want to get fired. Not now. Not today.

I sighed in relief when I finally reached my floor. I ran through the long hallway and into the end where my boss is waiting for me to announce that I'm fired. Well I really hope it doesn't get to that point.

I opened the door, not even bothering to knock first, while catching my breath.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Daniels" I apologize, looking down while holding my chest as I feel my heart beats like a drum.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I promise I-" I stopped when I saw him standing there.

He's facing the huge glass window that overlooked the city with his hands on his pocket, clearly deep in thoughts. He then turned to face me and smiled.

Why is he here? Where's Mr. Daniels?

"Michael?" I asked, not sure if it's really him I'm seeing right now.

"It seems like you already know each other" A voice of man behind me took me back to reality as I turn on my back to see Mr. Daniels standing on the doorway.

"Mr. Daniels, I'm sorry I'm late." I apologized, lowering my head and crossing my fingers hoping he wouldn't fire me.

"Oh no worries Keisha. It's okay. I should be the one apologizing as this day should be your day off." He said smiling.

He walks passed by me and towards his wooden desk, sitting comfortably on his office chair.

"Please, sit down" he motions for us to sit on the two comfy chairs in front of him. We did as he told and I tried my best not to look at the man sitting on my opposite direction.

"So, I called you for an important discussion and don't be confused as on why it's only you that I called for this meeting. I already told the board members and other employees about this yesterday but since you're on your brother's wedding, I didn't want to bother you." He started,

"Me and Mr. Jackson are going to switch branches as this branch was originally his." He stated, referring to Michael. "He's the co-owner of this company and he holds the half of the shares, but since you already knew him, I didn't have to get into details right?" He asked me, raising a brow.

"Uh no sir. I knew him already" I answered hesitantly.

"Good" he said nodding. "And don't worry, I already told him everything about you and your job here. I have a flight to catch this afternoon so that means Mr. Jackson would be your new boss." He pointed at Michael and he smiled at me. I smiled back, putting all the nonsense thoughts on the back of my mind.

"And here, Mr. Jackson, she will be your secretary and assistant." Mr. Daniels said in a professional tone. Michael reaches his hand for me and I grabbed it, shaking his hands.

I then quickly took my hand back and focused my eyes on Mr. Daniels. I don't know why but it felt weird whenever I look at Michael directly, or should I say Mr. Jackson.

Mr. Daniels opens his mouth to speak but a ring on his phone interrupted him. He excuses himself and walked out of the office.

Meanwhile, I'm still here trying to avoid his gaze as I can clearly see him looking at me. I don't know why but I felt weird feeling whenever I look in his eyes.

Is this cheating?

"I thought you work on a coffee shop?" He asked raising a brow with a smirk on his lips, folding his arms on his chest.

"I-I lied sorry" I said, looking down.

"Why?" He asked

"I just don't want to be a hassle for you. And I didn't know we're both working on the same building, hell I didn't even know you own half of this." I defended, raising my hand for emphasis.

"Well, now that you know, can I give you a ride everyday?" He asked

"Why? I mean, I can just call a cab or call my boyfriend" I said confused.

He's a co-owner of a big company yet he wanted to be my some kind of driver?

"Oh yeah, but atleast it won't cost you anything and besides, you told me last time that your boyfriend's busy so, I just wanted to help." He said shrugging.

"Oh, yeah I understand but I can't just accept it like that. I can call a cab and I'm fine with it. You don't have to do it, really." I insist

"Okay" he said nodding.

A few minutes passed and Mr. Daniels are back again.

"So, I'm going to leave now. I have a flight to catch." He said, while picking up his suitcase. We both stood up and gave him a handshake.

He walks towards the doorway and placed his hands on the knob, turning around to face us once again, "Oh, and Michael.." he paused for a second and Michael lift up his head to look at him, "..the throne is yours" he said and winked, closing the door behind him.

------
Michael's POV

When Matt finally walks out of his office, I smiled widely.

I look around my office and saw that nothing has changed. And I like it that way.

I miss this. It's been years since I last handled this company.

When Matt and I first decided to switch branches, it's because memories of my late wife and I were haunting me. I still remember how she used to bring me coffee here whenever I get stressed. I miss her so much.

But now here I am again. Ready to move on.

Thousands of questions were still running round like a circle on my mind and my head's spinning still like a carousel.

I hate to think such nonsense things but it's driving me crazy.

Well, atleast I got mine back.

I walk towards my office chair and sat there comfortably.

"You can leave if you want. Matt said it's your dayoff so you can leave now" I smiled looking at the beautiful lady in front of me. She somehow reminds me of my wife, and I like it.

"Thank you sir." She said politely and grabbed her purse that was placed on one of the chairs in front of my desk and walks out of the office.

Once she got out, I looked around once more.

"Matt's right, the throne is mine" I smiled.

I then turn my eyes on the empty doorway where she's standing a few minutes ago,

"And you're mine" I said with a smirk.

********
A/N

So hey!! This is it!! The chapter 3. So I hope you like it. You can send me your feedbacks by messaging me here or just commenting here on the chapter itself. Don't forget to Vote and Comment! Your feedbacks and votes means a lot to me. I hope you like it. See you on the next chap

Keep safe! Luvya!

-mae