teaser scene/intro

I woke up to find myself tied to a hard chair. Grunting, I tried to burn my way out but the chains didn't budge.

"Ugh, was it so necessary for you to wake up? The last 30 minutes were absolutely blissful." I looked up to see Noah in front of me, glaring. I scoffed.

"It's not like I wanted to wake up to you either. What are you even doing here?"

Noah sneered. "Do you not have eyes? I'm just as tied up as you are, idiot."

I looked around the place we were in. It looked like an empty warehouse, except for a small box sitting a couple feet away from us. I realized there was a needle stuck in my forearm, which was connected to a wire that trailed along the floor and plugged into the box. There was another wire on the other side of the box that led into Noah's arm.

"What is this place?" I asked.

Noah opened his stupid mouth, probably to insult me, before we were interrupted by a voice that seemed to resonate around us.

"What do you crave the most?" It boomed.

Noah and I glanced at each other, confused. He looked around and called out, "Well i could use a smoothie right now-"

A man emerged from behind him. I hadn't noticed that there was a door there. He either snuck in swiftly enough for us not to notice, or was crouching behind Noah's chair the entire time. I wasn't sure which one was weirder.

"What are your deepest desires, Vira? What does a beloved superhero like you truly want?" He said as he approached us.

"She wants peace and prosperity for all," Noah mocked in a high pitched voice while batting his eyelashes. I glared at him and he responded with a cheesy smile.

"Well?" The man said. I couldn't see his face clearly due to the lighting, and for some reason my powers weren't strong enough to lighten up the room. I guessed that Noah felt the same way with his powers as well. I raised an eyebrow.

"If I answer, will you tell me what exactly is happening and why I shouldn't burn your retinas off?"

"If you're honest, yes." He answered vaguely. I frowned.

"Well yeah, I do want 'peace and prosperity for all', as the smoothie-brain in front of me put it. I mean, I save people for a living. Wanting peace is kind of my thing." The box beeped from the other side of us. I turned to see its lightbulb a blaring red. Suddenly I could feel the needle in my arm digging into my flesh, almost as if it were moving deeper, completely on its own. I flinched. It hurt a lot more than it should have.

"Don't lie again or that needle in your arm will fill your veins to the brim with poison." His voice was suddenly cold. "Now what do you want as a superhero? What motivates you? What gets you out of bed every morning to go save lives?"

What did I truly want? I wanted to know why my worst enemy and I were tied up together in an abandoned warehouse. I wanted to know what we were doing connected to a lie detector. I wanted to know how I ended up here in the first place and why my powers aren't working. I wanted food because I skipped breakfast this morning. I wanted this aggressive journalist to interview me like a sane person instead of holding me hostage.

I sighed. "I don't know man, I just want my pay check."

The lightbulb turned green.

-------------

hi

i finally did something with my time and came up with a story, hopefully its intriguing enough for you to not leave

please dont leave i get lonely

n e wayz

sorry if the writing and dialogue are cringey

i have no idea where this plot is going, nor have i created anything past a basic personality for my characters so im just as much here for the ride as you are

constructive criticism is always appreciated btw

think of this book as a rough draft/brain dump, because im trying to just write a base idea for now, whether it all makes sense or not. if i see potential after i slightly figure out what to do, ill write another revised version where things might improve (for me, NOT for you, YOU'D BE

DE A D

ignore that if you dont know what TLT is ;-;)

but i would still appreciate views and comments and votes, so if you actually want to see more of this, go ahead and comment things like

'oMG AutHOUR-chaN PLs UpdAtE i lOvE YOu anD wOuLd GiVe uP mY PHoNE fOr yoU'

or 'NUGGET YOU STUPID ECHINODERM YOU SAID YOU'D UPDATE IN A WEEK BUT ITS BEEN 16 YEARS IF YOU DIED IM GONNA KILL YOU'

because if youre reading this you obviously have nothing better to do than to put every minute of your day into stalking a rando on the internet named after a vine

right?

just like my plot, i have no idea where this is going so im leaving and im not coming back for 16 years

vomment bye