𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖜𝖔

Start from the beginning

The blood was hot and sticky against Elara's back and she gritted her teeth, trying to lift her wand arm again and failing, the pain almost blinding.

Fiona was keeping the Death Eater preoccupied - Elara could make out her petite frame now, appearing in the corner of her vision, ducking as a spell went barrelling over her head.

Again, Elara summoned her strength but her head swam and she was collapsing onto the stones, the large gash in the back of her shoulder widening with each movement as she heaved for breath.

The skin was ripped from one end of her shoulder diagonally down to the middle of her back - she could feel the blood cascading down her skin, sticky and hot, and vaguely registered that she would die from loss of blood soon.

But Fiona -

Elara forced herself onto her palms again, a loud sob ripping from her throat at the agony that shot through her back and raised her head.

"Avada kedavra!"

"No!" Elara shrieked, her wand arm coming up by reflex, the gash opening wider on her back, blood spurting from it, and a ragged gasp left her lips as she stunned the squat Death Eater.

But not before Fiona's body fell with a thud to the right of Elara, the sound the first of many that would haunt her dreams.

"Fiona -" Elara's throat closed up so violently, she felt she was going to suffocate. She dragged herself over to the fourth year Ravenclaw, reached for her limp hand. "Fiona."

But her friend's eyes were open and unseeing, her mouth parted with her last breath, dark skin gleaming with sweat.

A sob wracked Elara's chest and her tears fell onto Fiona's face as she bent her head, the stabbing pain in her back making her lungs constrict.

She just wanted to lay there - just lie down there, next to Fiona, and wait for death to take her so the aching in her heart and her back would stop -

A hand gripped her shoulder and she gasped, her fight or flight instinct kicking in and twisted to point her wand straight at Stuart's face.

He was yelling something, panicked, but Elara couldn't even hear him through her daze, her body desperately wanting to sink to the ground and pass out.

The pain was making her dizzy now and she gasped out a breath, swaying on her knees but Stuart steadied her, grasping her elbows and yanking her up, shooting a spell over her shoulder at a Death Eater.

No - No.

She couldn't lose consciousness - she had to get her sisters out, give her friends a fighting chance.

She stumbled to her feet, muffling a scream at the pain, and sent two consecutive spells at a Death Eater dueling with Paul Flint behind Stuart.

"Come on," Stuart was saying in her ear, half-hauling her towards the nearest exit of the courtyard. "Come on, Elara - you have to -"

"Stupefy!" Luna was by Elara's other side, knocking aside a Death Eater who had just appeared in the archway they were heading towards.

Elara felt both her friends slip their arms through hers, dragging her the rest of the way.

Her vision dipped in and out, her head drooping forward, her shirt soaked with blood now, the wound on her shoulder opening wider with every breath.

"Here!"

She heard Stuart exclaim and their direction changed.

"Bloody hell - what the fuck happened?"