Ch 15: Mystery case

Magsimula sa umpisa

It's just as I thought...

''Well have you talked with her about it. Maybe she doesn't mind, I'm sure she'll understand that it will hurt a litt-''

''No, it's not like that...I meant totally lose control. I had the urge...to suck her dry.'' Hearing him say that made me fall silent for a moment. Is it that good?

''Then why don't you just end the contract?'' This is still something I'm wondering about

''The day I first met her.....the way she looked so scared. So scared that she begged me another vampire to save her no matter what. Ending the contract means she'll only become someone else's target. I'm not saying that she isn't targeted right now, but it's far less due to the mark. Recently she also didn't get attacked anymore so it's calming down. Setting her free will only push her back in that direction.'' 

Since when does he care about that tho? Ah well, might leave those questions for later.

''So how is everything here?'' 

''It doesn't make sense. The victim was a male...a vampire. The cause of death is being stabbed by a knife coated in wild rose. We have no clue who the killer can be. We have no idea if it's related to the serial killer, to begin with. If it was him he made sure to erase every trace.'' 

I tried processing the information thinking deeply about it. Just when I was about to speak my thoughts Jungkook was one step ahead. 

''It's strange they said he is spotted here in Busan. We talked with the witnesses and he does fit the description....So it is certain that the guy that attacked Y/N is the same one who killed Hyemi. He made sure to kill her the exact same way the other victims died. Why?''

''Perhaps they are working together? Or he is just an admirer and decided to kill others the same way.'' I spoke noticing him nod at my statement, I'm sure he came that far as well. 

''About Hyemi her death the boss wants to see me tomorrow. He has some intel about it. Maybe things will get clearer.''

''Let's hope so'' I turned to my bag getting a hold of the blood bag containing Y/N her blood. 2 days ago we went to the hospital and let her drain some blood. We have 4 filled ones in total. 

''Here, use it wisely'' I placed it down on the table before getting off. 

''I'm heading back now, it's late''

''W-What? You know I can't drink someone else's blo-''

''It's hers, idiot. While you thought you can survive on those weak blood supplements. I actually came with a better solution. Use it wisely cause I'm not bringing you more. Just wait till you get back in town.'' And with that, I waved him off and left. 

----------------------------------------

Mr. Kang

''Who is it?'' Once my office door opened I felt stunned seeing Mr. Min entering. Weirdly enough he came alone.

''Mr. Lee it's been a long time'' I greeted while raising from my seat. 

Ah, I know why he came.

''Indeed it's been a long time. I see you're doing well, your company is also getting more famous with the day'' He smiled. He had no problem guiding himself towards the seat in front of me.

''How are the cases going?'''

''Well you see that's exactly why I came here'' I sat back down staring at the sly smile plastered on his face.

''You see we have been searching for a man, and recently we found him. Dead''

''How unfortunate''

''I know that you killed him'' What to expect from a vampire like him.

''I did, he killed an employee of mine, so I punished him for it'' I took in his appearance. Still wearing his necktie like a child who doesn't know how to tie it. Going around barefoot with messy hair. He really didn't change at all. 

''You know I can arrest you for that. He was an important person regarding our case.'' Silence fell as the both of us just stared at one another. I know that he is the type to always fool around and never take things seriously but when it comes to work....his scary side surfaces. 

''Ah Well unfortunately we can't bring back the dead. So! Did he say anything before he died? Like a confession?''

''He said someone asked him to do it, that's all'' With my answer he stood up from his spot again. 

''I see. Thank you for telling me. Anyway, let this be the last time that you're meddling with my investigation. Next time I won't let it slide'' The way his eyes and voice changed as he spoke the last sentence could even have me shiver in fear. It's not anything that he is feared among our kind. He is capable of.....bad things. 

With that said he vanished into thin air.

-TBC-