How It Begins

OKAY so it’s my first time doing this and it’s probably horrible, but this is a Cal AU where he’s sharing an apartment with Anastasia who isn’t very happy about his extracurricular activities….

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Honestly I don’t know how I ended up with a roommate like Calum Hood, oh yeah let me thank my best friend Harper Marks and her fiancé Ashton Irwin….

Freshman year at UCLA I quickly found a great friendship in my roommate, Harper. She was an English major, something I desperately needed help in, and I was a teaching major. After looking over expenses at the end of the year we realized finding an apartment off campus would save us so much money. We found a nice two bed room apartment that was pretty cheap and didn’t have but 5 other units, two on each floor and we would be on the third floor. That summer moving in was when we first met Ashton.

“Honestly Ana, do you need this many clothes?!” Harper huffed as she looked at all the suitcases I had packed.

“Do you need so many books?” I asked cocking my head to the side and pointing at the suitcases she filled with just her books. We both laughed and grabbed things carrying them up the three flights of steps seeing as there was no elevator. When we got up there we heard Green Day playing and smiled knowing we had a neighbor with good taste. It was when Harper walked out of the door backwards that she ran into a shirtless Ashton.

“Oh- I’m sorry.” She laughed turning to meet the chest of the handsome man.

“Oh your name is sorry, mine is Ashton.”  

.                                                                                                        

It’s funny to think about this moment now. How lame his joke was and how they haven’t gotten any better. From that moment on though Harper was happier than ever. Through sophomore year they dated and it was somewhere in that time that I had my first encounter with Calum.

“Fuck.” I muttered walking in soaking from the rain outside. I started fumbling around to get my mail key out and finally got to it as I heard a chuckle from behind me. I looked to see a tall, tan guy with dark eyes and hair also soaked from head to toe.

“You seem a bit upset.” He said leaning on the wall by the mailboxes.

“I just didn’t want it to rain. I promised my roommate I would go on a double date with her boyfriend and her. Now I get to disappoint my best friend.” I huffed to the stranger.

“It’s alright I’m locked out and coincidently enough I’m about to do the exact same. I’m just lucky you were coming in here so I wasn’t stuck in the rain and I can chill in the lobby.” I laughed our “lobby” was a plastic chair and table. Yeah I said our apartment was nice but I meant the rooms, not the extras.

“Well, I’m Anastasia and I’ve been told my couch is a lot comfier then the piece of outdoor furniture that looks like it’s about to break.”

“Calum.”

.

We found out later on that year we were supposed to be one another’s date and laughed about it. I guess I should get to why I’m even frustrated with Calum. It started at the end of sophomore year. Calum and I had gotten pretty close and I was headed to his room to invite him to lunch on the sunny Saturday.

“Cal!” I shouted pounding on the door knowing Ashton was off with Harper. I then heard a moan from the other side of the door and decided to leave it at that. The next day I thought maybe he’d want some dinner and went to bang on his door, but heard a few bangs. That night Harper and Ash didn’t come home and were in the city visiting Harper’s family.

“Oh, Calum! Calum!” I groaned my room was the closest to the door, but I never heard noises from the place across the hall, but I guess Calum respected Ashton enough to shut his sluts up. Okay maybe I just wanted sleep before my 8 AM final, but I couldn’t take it so I marched over in my oversized baseball tee, glasses and messy hair. I pounded on the door and after a few minutes a frustrated Calum in just boxers answered the door.

“Hey fuck boy tell your slut to shut up.” I groaned and he smirked at me leaning on his door frame.

“Babe, are you mad it’s not you?”

“Just shut her up.” I rolled my eyes and went back to my own door.

“Hey next time you come over to quiet me down don’t wear something that turns me on so much unless you plan to handle it yourself.”

This was the last conversation I had with Calum before summer came and I was able to just work work work at a local café and not pay attention to the boy across the hall. Until Harper hit me with hard news.

“I’m moving out, Ana.” I stopped mixing the cake that I was making out of pure boredom.

“That was great you should’ve used it on April fool’s day.” I laughed going back to baking, but she got up and placed a hand on my shoulder.

“You know Ash and I got engaged, and it’s-“

“No, you know I can’t afford this on my own.”

“That’s why I’m going to suggest taking Calum in as a roommate.”

.

So yeah that’s how I ended up with Calum, but I guess you don’t know why I’m complaining about having a 6’2” fit man dotted in tattoos with a stupid blonde streak that made him even more attractive and a jawline that- Anyway it’s the fact that I just found a navy bra hanging from my kitchen ceiling fan. Just as I was about to raise hell with the man who caused my anger he walked out in just his boxers.

“Calum, you can’t just fling your one nights stand bra-“

“Um, Ana I really need you to do something for me.” I cocked an eyebrow. Being roommates for a month so far he had never asked me to do anything except cook which I didn’t mind. “I need you to get my one night stand out.”

“I thought you had a rule, no sleep overs.”

“You see right after we were done I went to take off the condom and she rolled up in my sheets and went to bed, but she wasn’t even-“

“No more needs-“I stopped talking as I heard his door squeak open and almost laughed when she walked out in his shirt.

“Cal- Oh is this your roommate, I thought you said she wasn’t-“

“Oh you must have me mistaken for the lovely girl he lives with, I’m actually Ana, his girlfriend.” Right then I watched her eyes go wide and I felt Cal’s hand meet the small of my back.

“Cali you did-“

“Did you just say Cali?” I acted irritated yanking her bra down. “Get out of my boyfriend’s shirt and get out of his life. I go away for a few weeks and he got bored, but I’m about to show him why he shouldn’t of found a stupid blonde bimbo.” I throw a glare Calum’s way then watch as then girl scurries quickly to gather into her own clothes and out the door.

“You’re fucking amazing you should be an actress.” He smiles hopping on the counter near the stove.

“I was about to cook Hood.”

“Pancakes?” I shook my head at him rolling my eyes and getting out the ingredients for just what he wanted. I could feel him watching me from behind as I mixed the batter on the kitchen table. “You know you’d look better if that was my shirt.”

“Checking me out?” I laughed grabbing a spatula and hitting him in the arm with it.

“What’s wrong with that, you’re a fit, hot chick who lives with me.” I rolled my eyes and hit him again.

“Go wash the bimbo off and put on clothes.” I waved the spatula pointing a route to his room.

“I wouldn’t mind if you took yours off.”

Okay maybe living with Calum wasn’t as bad as I thought….

…………………………….

A/N: Okay my first imagine!!!! It probably sucks, but let me know what you think!!!