Saying no

(d/n) = Daughter's name

(f/n) = First name

Word Count: 365

Higgs having a little girl and not being able to say no

Higgs glared down at the (e/c) eyed little girl, his top lip trembling as he struggled to maintain the imposing form of his crossed arms as well as force his blue orbs to reflect back an unmoved resolve in spite of her pathetic, little display.

However, there was an unmistakable twitch of his brow as he saw her sweet (e/c) colored eyes somehow grow larger, the innocent, large globes welling with moisture as she drew in a little sniffle.

His fingers curled tightly onto his arms as he continued to keep his resistance, glaring down at the little girl with what was supposed to be his full authority.

He couldn't always let her win...

He couldn't always let her have her way...

"Daddy, " (D/n) pouted, giving him large, glossy (e/c) colored eyes, the gems shining with upcoming tears.
Her bottom lip was sucked beneath her teeth as little by little, her large orbs grew even more, flooded with their warm, salty show of sorrow.

She was his little girl; His sweet, little angel.

'Shit....(d/n)...come on...' he inwardly begged while he felt himself slip, wishing she'd cave in first, accepting his first word of denial as final.

"Daddy," she murmured, the soft utter causing a little pang to ring in his heart.

Her little balled fists traveled up to rub her wet eyes, following up with another sniffle as she tortured him more.

- And just like that he caved, scooping her up in one swoop, clutching her to his chest, "Oh sweetheart" He doted, " I'm sorry! Daddy is so sorry! Yes! of course, you stay up as late as you want! I swear baby girl I'll give you everything you want!" He went on, promising her both the sun and the moon as well as everything that came in between.

He knew his baby girl was spoiled, and he knew well that (f/n) would kill him once she found out he'd let her have her way again.

But how could she expect him to say no to a miniature version of herself?

How could she expect him to succeed when he wasn't even good at denying her to begin with?