🀍Chapter 9: A Demon's Sword vs A God's Sword Part 2🀍

Start from the beginning

They finally let go after their lungs burned for oxygen. Once Koharu regained her senses, her face exploded in a scarlet hue as steam left her ears.

"H-H-H-HYAKKIMARU!"

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Koharu had a pout on her face the entire time as she helped Hyakkimaru walk through the forest. 'I can't believe that he did that! H-He took it! My first kiss!' Koharu screamed in her head. Though, it wasn't like she could blame the boy. She did kiss him back, and it was most likely his first time too. Koharu sighed before she continued their search.

After that heated moment, Koharu noticed that Dororo and Nota didn't return. So now, they're on a search for the boy and puppy. Suddenly, Koharu stopped as a rustle in the bushes was heard. Koharu didn't know what it was still, that didn't mean she'll let her guard down. As the noise grew, so did her suspicion. Then Nota popped out of the bushes with Hyakkimaru's leg. Koharu sighed in relief, seeing the puppy instead of a rabid animal. However, Koharu saw something on the puppy's back that shook her core. The puppy had a cut on its back was still was bleeding. "Nota! What happened?" Koharu cried out as the puppy whimpered to her limping. Koharu quickly set Hyakkimaru down as she slipped the bag off her shoulders. She drove into the items until she found bandages and wrapped the puppy up like a mummy. As she held the small creature to her chest, Koharu realized something important.

Dororo wasn't with him.

"Dororo!" Koharu shouted in the woods. Still, there was no reply. Koharu suddenly remembered what the man told her.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

"This sword was thirsty for blood. And so I killed them." The man said with a sadistic smirk on his lips.

"This is no ordinary sword...It's alive, a cursed sword that drinks human blood. Once you have in your hands, it controls your body to kill anyone alive." The man said

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Koharu and Hyakkimaru looked into the woods with anxiety. "Dororo..." Koharu whispered in fear.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Night has fallen, and rain began to fall from the sky. The teens were still on the search for Dororo. Koharu started to worry if what that man said was true, no telling what Dororo will do with the sword. "If anything happens to that kid, I'll never forgive myself," Koharu said in distress. Quickly, Hyakkimaru began to climb up a tall tree. "Hyakkimaru?" Koharu inquired while Nota yelped in her bag. Since the dog is still hurt, they need to find the boy quickly. Koharu put the puppy inside her backpack with a towel wrapped around him.

Hyakkimaru jumped down from the tree to grab Koharu's hand and drag her down the mountain. "Hey! Where are we going?" Koharu asked, but Hyakkimaru didn't stop. Without realizing it, Hyakkimaru was leading the girl to a village that was at the bottom of the mountain. In that same village, the demon sword was getting closer to its original master.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Inside the village, many of the residents were hiding from Dororo because of the demon sword in his hands. Dororo was exhausted from the force the sword was giving. He had spent hours trying to fight against the demon's blood lust. Though Dororo managed not to harm any of the villagers, he still couldn't get the image of hurting Nota out of his head. The torment finally stopped when Koharu and Hyakkimaru stood in front of him. "Big Sis, Hyakkimaru!" Dororo exclaimed in happiness. But suddenly, the sword started to thrash around like a wild animal, making Dororo scream as he tried to hold his ground. Still, it wasn't enough sword pulled Dororo towards Koharu in an attempt to stab her. Koharu swiftly dodged the attack leaving only one cut on her right arm. Dororo saw the blood dripping off her arm Dororo's eyes widen with a look of horror. He hurt Koharu.