chapter 3

Alex POV~

I leaned against my truck staring in the opposite direction. 'What the fuck is wrong with me?' I thought to myself.

"Hey!" I heard Rillys voice, causing me to jump.

"Hi." I mumbled and slowly turn to look at her.

Her dark drown eyes staring at me in confusion. Denis walks up behind her, wrapping his arms around her small waist. I smile slightly and shake my head as he leans down and kisses her cheek, getting a giggle in return. I make a gagging noise and his eyes snap to meet mine.

"What Alex? Jealous because you haven't found your mate yet?" He chuckles and pulls Rilly closer to him.

"Oh shut up. You know how hard it is? I wasn't lucky enough to just lay my eyes on someone and be like boom there She is." I roll my eyes and turn to face them.

"You'll find her Alex." Rilly smiles trying to comfort me.

I just shake my head and look at them. They are the perfect couple.

Rilly is very small everywhere. She has short dark brown hair that match her eyes. She dresses like a girly girl; the skirts or dresses. Her hair is always done as well as her make up. Denis is the same way, just perfection. He is built nicely, toned everyone not even an inch of fat on his hody. He has blonde shaggy hair and hazel eyes that seem to reflect every color in them. I smile at them and they both just look at me confused.

"You know Rilly. If Denis ever decides to just leave you one day, you can always come to me." I wink at her, as I hear a low growl come from Denis. Anger flashes across his eyes.

"Shut up Alex. Rilly is mine. You know how long I had to wait for her. I'm never going to just 'leave' her."

I laugh at his anger. " I'm only kidding Denis. You know that. Plus I wouldn't want to ruin Rilly and I's friendship. You know I'm the kind to just hump and dump anyways."

They both just start laughing at me, tears come to their eyes as they both hold their stomach.

"Alex you need to find your mate soon. Really. Your father is starting to become inpatient. You are going to need a mate in order to take over the pack." Denis became serious. His hazel eyes watching me very closely.

"I know." I sigh looking down at the ground. "I just feel like mine is not going be out there. You know? Like she isn't out there at all. Maybe I don't have one. Maybe that's my punishment for being gay. I mean how many packs accept gay people as it is. Yet alone how many ever find anyone. I'll tell you not that many. Not to mention how many gays have you heard of leading a pack? I would be the first and that is if I can even find a mate. If not it goes to my younger brother. You know how much pressure all this is?" I stare at my feet and groan loudly; saddness washing over me.

"Hey.." Rilly steps forward and lifts my head. She looks so serious, which scares me. "Don't worry, she is out there. You're not being punished. You'll find her. I can feel it in my gut. You are right. The odds aren't in your favor, but I know you will find someone. The odds have never mattered with you before anyways. Right?" She smiles sweetly, causing a smile to appear on my face.

"Youre right. Thank you." I whisper.

She simply nods and takes Denis's hand, pulling him with her.

"Come on!" She yells behind her shoulder. "We don't want to be late!" I slowly began walking and catch up with them.

Sophie POV~

I got my classes from the office and proceed to look around the school for my locker. People brush past me, some people stare at me laughing at my confusion. I ignore them and clench my unused fist at my side.

I am starting to think I have anger problems. I really don't know what has gotten into me. Ever since I moved here, I have been feeling strange. I feel on edge all the time. I shake my head, dismembering my thoughts.

I aimlessly walk around for another five minutes, a bell rang singling everyone has five minutes left before class starts. People who were talking in groups said their goodbyes and go off to class. There was very few people in the hallway. As I was just about to give up, I saw her.

She was with two others, talking and laughing. I stood there frozen.

I don't know why, but I was unable to move, something inside me start to churn. I wanted to just walk up to her, something was pulling me to her.

She looks over, her beautiful ice blue eyes staring at me, a small smile forms on her face.

'What is wrong with me? Move damn it, move your legs.' I yell at myself.

Still I was stuck in place.