Chapter 8

Sophies P.O.V.

Third period finally ended and I couldn't stop thinking about Alex. I quickly put everything into my bag and waited for Rilly to do the same. Once she was packed we made our way to the cafeteria. The hallways was packed with kids. Me and Rilly made our way into the hoard of kids and slowly crawled down the hallways to get to the cafeteria. Finally I could see the doors and I started to become nervous. Rilly reached over and grabbed my wrist, she pushed and shoved her way through people with me in tow. We made it inside and continued to squeeze past people. We made it out of the hoard of people and into a clearing. I look around and see people everywhere eating and talking. Then I hear someone.
"Rilly!" I hear someone yell and glance to see Alex. I quickly look at the ground. My nerves getting the best of me.
'Damnit! You're fine. It is just a girl you don't even know.' I think to myself as we approach the table. Rilly introduces me and walks around the table to sit next to Dennis. I awkwardly stand in the same spot until Rilly makes me sit down.
I slowly sit in the spot. 'Get it together. You can't stare at the floor for 45 minutes.' I breathe in deeply and raise my eyes from the ground to the people sitting around me. I glance next to me and feel my face get hot. I bite my lip slightly trying to think of what to say. Alex smiles at me and I shift my gaze around the room. Rilly and Dennis are eating their lunch and giggling talking to each other. I look back at Alex who is just sitting there staring at me. I stop to become uncomfortable and shift around in my seat.
"So where are you from?" She asks slowly watching my every move.
"Um.." pausing before looking down at the floor. I see something moving toward my arm out of the corner of my eye. I become stiff. A hand reaches my arm and touches me. Warm tingling sensations run through my body and I lean into it. I close my eyes and breathe in deeply letting out a small breathe. I open my eyes and look up to see it is Alex's hand that is on my arm. Her blue eyes stuck on me like she was in a daze. The tingling ran through out my body making me slightly aroused. I gasp slightly and pulled away. Her hand left my arm and I wanted to scream. I instantly regret me moving. I watch her face. Her eyes seemed to grow dark and I swear I heard her growl. I shift in my seat trying to think about something else. 'What was that? What the hell was that? And why do I want her to touch me everywhere?' I kept thinking over and over again. Alex seemed to smell the air and her eyes became wide, before she started to smile.
"It is okay if you're shy. I get it. Take you time. You don't have to say anything right now." She chuckled.
I smiled slightly and nodded. My eyes not leaving her face. My mind racing.
'Mine. She is ours.'
I shake my head slightly. There that voice is again. That isn't my voice. What is happening to me. Mine? Ours? I must be going crazy.

ALEXS P.O.V

She is gorgeous. I felt my wolf wanting to surface. I felt her wants and urges. It was so hard not to grab her up and take her away. Make her my mate. Make it official. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. The more I looked though the more sadness I felt. She has been through things. Might even still be. I sighed. 'Stop staring before she thinks you are a creep. Ask her something. Anything.' I thought to myself over and over.
"So where you from?" I say slowly.
"Um..." she starts to say and looks at the floor. My heart breaks and before I know it I reach out for her arm. I just need her to look at me. As soon as my hand meets her arm I feel a jolt. It was like I came alive for the first time in my life. I could feel my wolf jumping around with happiness. I felt her lean into my slightly. I just wanted to grab her up and hold her. Never let her go. But all too soon she pulled away from me and the jolt of happiness went away. Her eyes watching my face. Anger flashed through my eyes and a low growl slipped out. I stared at her. Her green eyes glistening with yearn. She shifted slightly in her seat. As soon as she shifted I could smell it.
'Her wolf isn't awake? How the hell? She has to be at least 16. Maybe even almost 17 and.. she smells almost human! But do you smell it. Her wolf is in there!' My wolf screamed in my head. My eyes widened and I didn't understand, but she was not wrong. That smell. I have never smelt anything like this before. I smiled slightly.
"It is okay if you're shy. I get it. Take your time. You don't have to say anything right now." I slightly chuckle.
'What the fuck does this mean? What the hell am I suppose to do?' My mind racing with thoughts.