We Are The Same

Začať od začiatku

"Look, Max, you're in charge here. We all know that. No one is going to do anything you don't want, okay. I'm just talking five minutes," Sam tried to persuade.

"Sam," Dean tried to protest again. Sam simply just signalled for him to stop with his hand.

Max looked at his mother, then at Dean and said, "Fine, go."

Dean slowly walked to his mom and helped her up the stairs, she had a huge gash on the left side of her face. The entire time Max had the gun pointed at Dean, which made me feel even more on edge.

I cleared my throat as I said, "Why don't we sit down, and talk."Max simply nodded and sat in the chair next to the couch, while Sam and I sat next to each other on the couch. Max kept the gun in his lap."Why don't you show us," I suggested, and of course there was an envelope opener on the side table. He looked at it and it flew up in the air, then stayed there pointing at us. "You know that's actually pretty cool, better than my thing."

"I thought you get visions like him," Max said, pointing to Sam.

I smiled softly even though I was still panicking on the inside and said, "Not exactly." I looked at Sam and he nodded. I got up and sat across from Max, my hand shaking a bit from the situation. I cleared my throat and said, "I have to touch someone first. To see what they are thinking about, and I can essentially sense things, feel energies."

"What like ghost's and stuff," Max said, a little uncomfortable.

"Something like that," I said trying to stay calm. I put my hand out and Max stiffened in his seat reaching for the gun. I gulped and said, "I'm not, I'm not gonna hurt you. You can trust me."

Max hesitated for a few minutes then put his hand in mine. I was immediately brought into his mind, I guess, and millions of visions and thoughts were swirling around. It was all over the place and unorganized. As one thought came it disappeared and was replaced by another. My head started to pound from the effects, and I gasped, pulling my hand away from his. I got up quickly, but almost fell over because I was so dizzy.

"What the hell is going on here," Max said a little angry, but concern laced his voice.

I quickly sat back down and held my head as Sam explained, "When we use our abilities it has some undesirable side effects. I get really horrible headaches and pain; whereas, Devyn gets headaches and dizziness."

Max looked at me and said, "I get really bad headaches, too. Are you okay?"

My head was still reeling from everything I saw, "I'm so sorry. Everything you've endored it's unforgivable."

Max raised his eyebrows in surprise and asked, "So, you understand why then?"

I nodded and moved back to sit next to Sam. We shared a look. I looked back to the table and saw that the balde was still in the air, but it was spinning now. I thought this would work, but it seems it's getting worse.

"Max, I understand. I um, I don't necessarily think killing your mother will help though. Once she's gone you'll have no one. You'll be all alone. Is that really what you want," I asked carefully.

Max stood up, and I backed up a little, and Sam grew tense as Max said, "Well I sure didn't want this," He pulled up his shirt and revealed a large bruise down his side with a few deep cuts.I looked at him, saddened by what I had just seen.

He sat back down and turned his attention back to the knife spinning faster and said, "Max, I'm so sorry. Max. We are like you, we understand you. We've both done things that we regret because of our abilities, even to each other, so we know. Please, just don't hurt anyone else."

"You know when I figured out I had this gift, I was relieved. After so many years not being able to protect myself and now I can do something," Max explained.

"Why didn't you just leave," Sam asked cautiously, eyeing the blade.

The blade dropped and I jumped in my spot a little as Max said, "It's not that simple. Just knowing that they still were out there. I had to stop them. My father used to look at me with hate in his eyes. He blamed me for everything, do you know what that's like?"

I gulped, so did Sam as he said, "No."

"I mean the man blamed me for my mom's death," Max said letting out a humorless laugh.

"Why would he do that," I asked confused.

"Because she died inside my nursery, right next to my crib, as if that makes it my fault," Max seethed.

Sam and I both shared a shocked glancce with each other then Sam asked, "She died in your nursery?"This cannot be a coincidense. I mean their mother's died the same way, how is this possible!

"Yeah, there was a fire, and he would get drunk and babble on about how she died in some insane way. He said that she burned up, pinned to the ceiling!" Max yelled in anger.

"I -uh- wait, your mom..." I wasn't even able to finish the sentence as the thoughts of my mom's death plagued my mind. Sam put a soothing hand on my thigh, and started to rub small circles.

He looked to Max and said, "Listen, Max. What your dad said is real. It happened to my mom, and Devyn's mom, exactly the same way. This all makes sense now, you and I are connected in some way. Your abilities started six, seven months ago, right?"

"How did you know that," Max asked, tears brimming his eyes.

"Because that's when my abilities started Max. I mean yours seem to be much farther along, but still this means something, right. I mean for some reason you and I were chosen," Sam rambled almost getting excited that he figured something out.

"For what," Max asked confused.

"I don't know, but we are hunting for that damn thing that killed our families," I said through clenched teeth.

Sam put his hand on my arm signalling for me to calm down as he said, "But we can find answers. Answers that can help us, but you gotta let us go Max."

Max seemed to calm down, but like a switch something flipped inside his brain and he said, "I'm sorry."

Before I could register what was happening I was being pushed backwards. I landed in a closet, Sam right next to me, and the doors closed in front of us. Sam and I tried to push the doors open, but then wouldn't budge.

I looked to Sam and said, "What now," panicked. I mean Dean was up stairs and Max was crazy, he couldn't be trusted. I thought we had him for a minute. Maybe Dean was right, maybe Max did need to be put down.

Sam looked at me, he was breathing heavy from trying to pry the door open and he said, "I don't know."