Chapter 1: Megan

This is going to undergo editing pretty soon even though I'm not done with it.
**This book mentions self harm, depression and eating disorders! It isn't detailed and stuff but please if you think it might trigger you don't read! I would rather you not get triggered then you read this book!**

Megan's POV:

I was standing in a restaurant with my mom, step dad, step sister, and many other people. We were waiting for an open table which was going to take a while because we needed room for twenty people. My sister's soccer team had just one a tournament and we were celebrating at this fancy restaurant for dinner. I was chatting with my friend Chloe and my mom when my mom shivered. "It's cold in here I should have brought in my sweat shirt." She stated. "I can go get it for you." I said holding my hand out for the keys. My mom handed them to me and I went outside. I opened the door and grabbed my mom's sweatshirt but it was caught on something so I had to tug on it. After what seemed like forever it came undone and I was able to go back inside.

I ran over to my mom not noticing she was talking to someone. "Here's your sweatshirt mom!" I said handing to her. "Thanks." She said quietly. I was about to ask her what was wrong when i notice none other than Oliver Queen standing in front of us. He was looking at me with a confused expression. "How old are you?" He asked. "Fourteen. Why?" His eyes widened and he looked from me to my mom a few times. My mom looked guiltily to the floor. "What is going on?" I asked as my friend Chloe came up to me. "Come here Meg i think your mom needs to talk to Mr.Queen." She said. I looked at my mom and him one more time and then walked away with Chloe.

"Dude what was that about?" I asked when we were farther away. "I think your mom used to date him." She said. I raised and eyebrow. "How do you know." I asked. "I overheard them talking when he bumped into her he was all like 'Sandra?' and she was like 'Oliver.' really worried like and it got awkward." She said. "Chlo that doesn't prove anything." I said. "You weren't here you didn't feel the tension." She stated. I rolled my eyes "Whatever."

Sandra's POV:

After Megan went to get my sweat shirt I began to walk over to my husband when i bumped into Oliver. "Sandra?" He asked. "Oliver." I said worried knowing that Megan would come in in any second and things would get messy. "How are you?" He asked. "I'm okay." I said. "We haven't talked since..." He trailed off knowing i knew what he was talking about. "Yeah." I said hoping he would leave but then Megan ran in "Here's your sweatshirt mom!" She said not noticing Oliver. "Thanks." I said quietly seeing the look on Oliver's face. "How old are you?" Oliver asked her. "Fourteen. Why?" She asked. He didn't respond he just looked between us shocked. "What is going on?" Meghan asked. 'Oh great,' I thought 'Now i have to explain this is way to early.' Thankfully though Chloe came to my aid and took Megan away. "Sandra?" He asked. I didn't answer i just looked down. "Sandra that wasn't?" I nodded. He put a hand on his mouth and then took it away. "But you said..." He trailed off again and waited for a response. "I lied." I said. "Why?" He asked. "Please don't make me answer that." I said even though i didn't like his mom i didn't want him to have a bad relationship with her. "Okay." He said. "But you need to tell her." He said motioning to Megan "What did you name her?" He asked. "Megan Hawke." I said. "My maiden name because i didn't want her to be able to find you if she ever tried." He looked at me puzzled for a second "Your maiden name?" He asked. Before i could respond Joseph, my husband, walked over. "Hey hon what's going on." He asked eyeing Oliver accusingly. I never told him who Megan's real dad was but i knew i needed to. "Joseph." I took in a deep breath "This is Megan's birth father i need to talk to him alone." He nodded in under standing "Okay well out table's ready so were gonna go sit down." I nodded. He hugged me "Let me know if he makes you uncomfortable or you want him to go away at any time okay?" He whispered. I nodded and he left with our huge group. The area was now pretty empty. "Were they all with you?" Oliver asked. "Yeah it's my step daughters soccer team and their parents." I said. Oliver nodded. "Oliver i don't know if i'm ready to tell her." I said. "Please do it soon." He said. I nodded and then he went off to go, i assume, sit with his family somewhere in the back. I sighed and went to find my big group which wasn't hard.

Oliver's POV:

As i walked back to sit with with my mom and sister i thought about Megan. The resemblance was undeniable. She had wavy hair that was the same sandy blonde as mine. She had the same grey eyes as me and the same jaw shape. She had been wearing black ripped skinny jeans and a pink shirt that said "Sorry not sorry" and she had on a ton of rubber bracelets that had band names and other things on them. I was going to figure out more about her tomorrow Felicity could help with that i would have to tell her anyways.

That night i walked into the Arrow Cave to find Felicity already typing quickly into the computer. "Hey Felicity." I said. She didn't respond she just kept clicking away. "Felicity!" I said getting her attention. "Oh hey Oliver!" She said turning her chair. "I need you to look someone up." I said. "Okay who is it?" She asked. "Megan Hawke." I said right as Diggle came down with Roy trailing behind him. Felicity typed a few things into her computer and then asked "Is that the name on her birth certificate because not a lot come up." She said. I then realized my last name was probably on the birth certificate and Sandra must have told the school to let her go by Hawke and keep it a secret so i wouldn't find out about her. "Try Megan Queen." Diggle looked at me with a questioning look and Felicity hesitated when they heard Queen but Felicity looked it up and turned to me. "I got her birth certificate." she said. "Oliver you have some explaining to do." After i explained to everyone who Megan was and what happened at the restaurant they all nodded in understanding. Felicity looked at her computer some more and then turned to me again. "Megan is an all A student and she's a freshman at Central City High. She's been offered to skip a grade twice but she turned it down both times saying she wanted to get in all learning possible. She also plays soccer she has a game tomorrow night" Felicity said. I smiled with pride and then something caught the corner of my eye. My green hood in it's case. If i was going to be in Megan's life that meant i had to be careful but i wan't going to change my mind about being in her life i was in Thea's and Thea hasn't ever been hurt because i was the Arrow other than when Slade kidnapped her and that wasn't even because i was the Arrow. I don't even know if i'm ready to be a dad but if Sandra says something i won't be able to back out. I needed to know Megan whether i was ready to be a dad or not though. "Find out where that game is i'm going." I said.

Authors note: Okay so small spoiler in 3... 2... 1... If you can't tell by the description i got this idea after the one episode where it was Oliver's past before the island and he finds out that a girl named Sandra is pregnant with his baby and then he freaks out so Moira convinces her to lie. I did change it up a bit considering it wasn't really 14 years ago it happened like right before the island but i needed the girl to be older so just pretend it happened longer ago. Also Moira is alive and Oliver is still CEO at Queen Consolidated. Comment vote all that fun stuff!!!