Damsel

Adrien’s heart was racing. He was going on a date with Ladybug.

He was going on a date with Ladybug.

He was so excited he didn’t know how to contain himself.

He spent extra time getting ready, making sure he looked his best. She had looked completely stunning at the dinner—which shouldn’t be surprising considering she did everything from design to doing hair and make-up—so he wanted to dress to impress. After all, he was kinda hoping this date lead to a second one.

Was that pathetic when the first date hadn’t even started yet? He didn’t know.

After he got out of his house and hurried to his car, he pulled out his lint roller and got as much cat hair off his button down and black vest ensemble as he could. He loved his cat, but the hair everywhere was a pain.

Sometimes, he questioned just why he thought it was a good idea to adopt a long-haired, black cat. It was mostly his first act of rebellion, one he regretted from the fur standpoint.

He drove to her address, looking over the modest apartments before finding a place to park and shoot her off a text message that he was here. He walked to the front door, only to see that it was keycard only, but before he could pull out his phone, asking her to buzz him in, she appeared through the glass door. “Hey,” she said, swinging the door open.

“Hey,” he returned, looking her over. It was really hard not to when she was in an adorable, full-skirted, red cocktail dress. Her make up wasn’t quite as strong as it was the night of the dinner, but there were still hints of red in her eyeshadow along with a perfect, black cat-eye. “You look fantastic.”

Her grin widened, causing a warm feeling to wash over him. “Thank you,” she said. “You look really handsome yourself.”

“Thanks,” he responded before extending his elbow to her. “Well, shall we?”

“Such a gentleman,” she said, taking his elbow.

He felt like he was leading around a princess as he walked her to his car.

“Is this your car?” she asked, looking the sleek, black sports car over.

“It is,” he said. “A, um, birthday gift from my father to make sure I was presentable enough.”

She whistled. “Wow. It looks sharp.”

“Thank you, but personally, I kinda feel like it makes me look like a rich prick.”

She snorted a laugh. “I mean, I can see that,” she said, her smile wide and eyes dancing with mirth.

He opened the passenger side door for her.

“Wow, I don’t know what to be more impressed about: the car or the manners.”

He blushed, hard. Frankly, he was sure he looked like a tomato at this point.

Soon enough, he was driving her to the restaurant he booked reservations at. She asked where they were going, he told her it was a surprise, and that’s how they started the guessing game of Marinette asking questions about the place with Adrien answering and having her guess.