Chapter Twenty-Six

Six months later

Snow was falling and Christmas songs were playing. It was the 5th of December and the best month of the year. I had just finished my Christmas shopping and was driving home in one of Tony's very expensive cars.

All I Want for Christmas Is You played through the speakers and I jammed to it. Once I got to the tower, I stealthily snuck in and hid my gifts. I could wrap the later. After taking my scarf, beanie and winter boots off, I walked to the kitchen. I looked through the fridge for some leftovers and found nothing. I frowned in disappointment and decided to steal some of Thor's pop tarts. Once that was done, I headed to my room and began reading my book.

I barely opened it before Pietro burst into my room, shouted a loud 'tree decorating time!' and rushed off. I heard him yell the same thing to everyone on the floor.

I chuckled and headed down to the common room. A massive tree was set up in the corner and people were starting to decorate it.

Bucky and Sam were arguing about whether to put the tinsel on before or after the ornaments and Natasha and Clint were arguing about who would put the star on top.

A cool pair of arms slid around my waist. I looked over my shoulder to see Loki looking at the scene with raised eyebrows.

"We don't have this tradition on Asgard," he said.

I had explained Christmas to him at least a thousand times before, but he still didn't understand why we did it. He honestly reminded me of a grumpy person saying, 'bah humbug.'

Eventually we got the tree decorated with minimal injury. We then decided to play a board game.

"What about monopoly?" Tony suggested.

"There are too many people," Bucky said, shaking his head.

"We can pair up," I said.

We all agreed and got into teams. I was with Loki, Wanda was with Vision, Steve was with Tony, Sam was with Bucky, Pietro was with Thor, Clint was with Natasha and Bruce decided to be banker.

The beginning of the game was fine. Bucky and Sam argued about whether to buy properties or not and Tony was constantly rolling his eyes at Steve's lack of knowledge of the game.

"Wait, you can't do that!"

"Yes I can!"

"No you can't!"

I facepalmed. Steve and Bucky were arguing about the rules. Again.

We eventually got through the game. Natasha and Clint won. We decided to play a few more board games before it got a bit too intense to continue.

~

I woke up early on Christmas morning. Loki was asleep next to me and I shook him awake.

"What's wrong?" he groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"It's Christmas!" I shouted.

I got out of bed and ran to the other Avengers' rooms, waking them all up. We all gathered in the common room next to the tree.

"Present time!" Pietro yelled, grabbing presents from under the tree.

He threw presents at Sam, Steve, and me. Sam opened his and got a customised shirt from me that said 'birdbrain' on it. Steve got a new phone from Tony and I got some beautiful emerald earrings from my sister. Presents were passed around. I got Steve some charcoal pencils and a sketch book. I got Nat a necklace with a silver knife pendant and I got Clint a golden arrow paper weight. I got Bruce a new microscope and I got Vision a recipe book. Pietro loved the Quicksilver tennis shoes that I got him. Wanda squealed in delight when she opened the matching ruby earrings and necklace, I got for her. Thor was happy with the pop-tarts I bought him, and Bucky had tears in his eyes when he opened the box with magnets in it.

I handed the last gift I bought to Loki. He took it and opened it slowly. His eyes lit up when he saw the book he wanted and the silver dagger with emeralds in the handle.

"Where the hell did you get a knife?" Tony demanded, his eyes wide.

I giggled.

"I have my dealers. Nat helped me," I added when Tony looked on the verge of a cardiac arrest.

Loki grabbed a present from under the tree and handed it to me. I opened it and smiled at the contents. There was a golden locket with my first initial engraved on the front with flames behind it. I opened the locket and inside was the photo we'd taken with the colour in our hair. There was also a collector's edition of f/n.

I kissed Loki in thanks. Clint gaged and I threw a pillow at him. Clint ducked and it hit Sam, who squawked like a bird. We all laughed, having the time of our lives.

Best. Christmas. Ever.

A/N

It's almost Christmas! One month and two days away. Anyways, Christmas chapters are just so pure and I love them so much <3

Have an amazing day/night!

P.S. Meme isn't mine <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson