Chapter Three

"Y/n," my brother choked, bullets jammed into his body.

"Don't worry, I'll help you, I'll help you!" I cried getting ready to plunge into my power.

"Sister," another voice croaked from behind me, and I froze.

I turned around as Wanda fell to the ground with bullet wounds identical to Pietro's. I cried harder.

"I- I can't save you both!" I choked out, tears streaming down my face like two rivers.

My siblings both looked at me with betrayal in their eyes.

"Yes you can," they both said. "You're just too scared."

The light left both of their eyes and I screamed. I was dying – I couldn't live with this pain. I was dying-

I woke up with a gasp. I panted, remembering the dream. Tears sprung to my eyes, but I took deep breaths to calm myself. I got out of bed and put on some slippers. I looked at my alarm clock on my bedside table. The glowing numbers read 1:53am. I sighed. Tonight was going to be another sleepless night. I grabbed my book off of my bedside table and creeped to the elevator.

"How can I help you, Miss Maximoff?" FRIDAY asked quietly.

"Can you take me to the library, please?" I asked.

"Of course," she replied.

I got out at the floor the elevator stopped at, entering the massive library. Tony had it installed after he realised how much I loved books. I looked around my breath being taken away once again. I walked towards the f/c chaise lounge and plopped down on it, opening my book, and beginning to read.

~ Time skip ~

I sat on the quinjet, preparing myself for the mission ahead. It was a simple get in, get out, maybe knock out a few HYDRA agents along the way. My team consisted of Steve, Natasha, Pietro, Sam and five SHIELD agents.

"Alright," Steve said. "We all know what we're doing. Natasha, y/n, Pietro and I will go in, Sam will be aerial, and agents will be backup."

"This mission is going to be boring," I muttered in Russian.

"At least you don't have to write the mission report this time," my brother said back to me.

Natasha snorted, shaking her head.

"What did they say?" Sam asked, looking between Nat, Pietro, and me.

"We were talking about you," I said, smirking a little bit.

Sam just playfully glared at me. I let my mind wander while I sat in the jet. For some reason, my thoughts went to Loki. He'd been living at the tower for a week. He seemed so reserved. I'd heard the stories of the Battle of New York. Clint and Natasha said that he was insane, but during the few moments I'd seen him, there didn't seem to be any insanity. I knew that he brainwashed Clint, and I was slightly angry at Loki for doing that, but Wanda had done the same to everyone else, by showing them their darkest fears. I forgave my sister for that, so shouldn't we forgive Loki?

I was jolted out of my thoughts as the quinjet landed. We got out of the jet and Sam launched himself into the air while the rest of us stalked towards the seemingly abandoned building. This HYDRA base was in the middle of nowhere, completely isolated. There were no other buildings for miles. We snuck in quietly, but we saw no one. We got to the computer room and I spoke up.

"This is almost too quiet," I murmured.

Suddenly, an alarm screeched overhead.

"You said this was going to be boring?" Pietro questioned me.

I rolled my eyes as three HYDRA agents entered the room. I waved my hand and a wall of fire encased us, melting bullets before they could reach us. Pietro ran through the flames (idiot) and quickly knocked out the agents. I removed the wall of fire and Pietro sauntered over to us.

"That was stupid," I commented, as more agents rounded the corner.

"What? I barely even felt it," Pietro said, punching an agent.

"You could have at least waited until I took the heat away from the flames instead of showing off," I said, throwing out my hand and shooting icicles at an agent.

"As if you don't show off too! Look at me, I'm y/n and I can do so many things-"

"Alright, that's enough! Natasha, do you have the files?" Steve barked into the comms.

"Nearly, don't rush me, old man," Natasha quipped back.

We continued fighting until there were no soldiers left standing. I let out a long breath.

"Okay, this mission was more fun than I expected it to be," I said, grinning.

Natasha ran back to us with the USB and we exited the building, being careful not to be spotted by anymore HYDRA agents. We walked towards the quinjet and I did a little victory jump.

Natasha frantically called my name and I turned around to look at her, but she was pointing behind me. I turned around as two loud bangs sounded and two bullets punched into my gut. I stumbled, but Pietro caught me with his arms under my shoulders.

I heard Steve say, "Healer down!" and more gunshots. Suddenly, Sam was right next to me, helping Pietro lift me onto the jet. I groaned at the pain spreading through my abdomen.

"Call the med bay and let them know that y/n has been shot," Steve said as the jet flew into the air.

"Never mind," I groaned. "This mission was not fun."

No one laughed, and Natasha applied pressure to my injury, causing me to whimper in pain.

"It's okay, printsessa, you'll be alright," Pietro said to me, eyes wide.

I reached out and grabbed his hand. He squeezed my hand and held it to his chest. We got to the tower quickly – or did I pass out? – and I was in the medical bay even quicker. I was hooked up to machines and Helen Cho quickly got to work digging the bullet out of my abdomen.

Wanda entered the room with tears in her eyes and grabbed onto my hand.

"Y/n? Can you hear me?" she asked frantically.

I nodded weakly, groaning at the pain.

You'll be alright, she said into my mind.

I nodded again as my eyes fluttered and darkness enveloped me.

A/N

Hey guys! Thanks for reading chapter three! I might change the title sometime but I don't have any ideas yet. 

Anyways, thank you again for reading my lovelies!

P.S. The meme isn't mine, but it's one of my favs <3

~LadyLokiLaufeyson