6

The next morning Cheryl walks into her kitchen to see Toni and Hannah eating breakfast together.

"Yeah, so you see you have to make sure your thumb is outside the fist like this so you don't break it or bruise it"

"Oh, okay. I'll use that next time" Hannah nods and forms a fist for Toni's approval.

"Umm, no next times." Cheryl scolds Hannah and smacks Toni's shoulder.

"Morning" Hannah says over a chuckle.

"I was just showing her in case she needs it." Toni says and Cheryl rolls her eyes.

"You don't think I actually believe that, do you?" she turns and pours her coffee while Toni shrugs behind her, "Nah not really."

Hannah looks between the two of them and tries to hide her excitement, "So you slept late today Cheryl." she observes, trying to start a conversation before she has to deal with her consequences of last night.

Cheryl hums and sits next to Toni at the counter, clutching her coffee cup for warmth.

"Yeah, probably has something to do with dealing with you two last night." she says after a beat, nudging Toni and raising her eyebrows at Hannah across the counter.

"Sorry" Toni mumbles and rubs her head.

"Y'know, your mom is gonna be here soon." Cheryl tells Hannah and the girl sinks into her chair.

"Do you think she's mad?"

"No, she didn't sound too mad on the phone. Just upset you didn't come home."

Hannah sighs, "I'll get my stuff then."

Hannah leaves the kitchen to get her clothes while Toni stares into her coffee, and Cheryl eats toast next to her. 

"You've eaten, right?" Cheryl asks and Toni nods, "cereal with Hannah."

"What were you two talking about?" Cheryl raises an eyebrow.

A smirk breaks across Toni's face as she meets Cheryl's eyes, "Oh you know, just spilling all of our deep, dark secrets about Cheryl Blossom."

Cheryl rolls her eyes and pushes Toni's shoulder, she knows she's joking...for the most part. "Shut up." she laughs along with Toni. 

"Y'know you and Hannah have a lot in common." Cheryl says and Toni looks puzzled.

"How do you mean?"

"She's from the SouthSide, kind of. Her parents left her at a fire station as a baby. You could be her like, role model or something."

"I'm no role model. Plus, just 'cause I'm a lonely orphan from the bad side of town doesn't mean we have anything in common." Toni snaps and gets up.

Cheryl pulls her back down, "You know I didn't mean it like that." And Toni does know that.

There's a beat of silence and Cheryl's hand loosens from Toni's arm, "You forget I know you, TT, and I knew you very well as you grew up in High School. I know Hannah has grown up with a similar mindset, that's all. I did not mean it in a negative way."

"I know, I know. I'm just overly defensive about that I guess." Toni says and carefully meets Cheryl's eyes. 

Cheryl gets up and squeezes Toni's shoulder on her way to the fridge, and Toni goes back to reading the newspaper. The doorbell rings a few minutes later and Cheryl moves to get it.

Toni looks at her as she passes, "Cher" she whispers and gets her attention, "What do I do?" she looks like she's about to hide under the counter, but Cheryl laughs, "Well you could meet her, if you want. Or hide like you were just about to." Toni scoffs, "I was not about to hide." she mumbles and follows Cheryl to the door.