"You do realize we are here for you, right?" He chuckled lightly.

"Well, you see I don't pay for any of this so I don't really care what we do this whole time." I said kicking my shoes off and bringing them up onto the chair.

"Well, I guess it's only fair."

"How old are you?"

"Thirty."

"You seem younger." I said looking at his baby face.

"Thanks, I think." He said a light blush appearing on his cheeks.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked noting that there was no ring on his finger.

"No, I'm far too busy for that."

"I keep you busy." I said jokingly again his cheeks flared up.

"You, along with everyone else on my caseload."

"Mostly me." I said batting my eyelashes."Have you ever had a girlfriend?"

"One, when I was in my early twenties. It didn't end well."

"How so?"

"She had this crazy stalker that ended up killing her as well as themselves." He said with a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry." I said trying to catch his gaze, I understood that this was a topic that was probably off limits for him.

"Do you?" He asked attempting to change the subject.

"Do I what?"

"Have a boyfriend?" He asked trying to avert his gaze.

"What makes you think I don't have a girlfriend?" I saw his face deadpan and instant regret is all over his face.

"I'm fucking with you." I said laughing so hard I almost fell out of the small leather chair. "I do."

"How did you two meet?" He asked.

"At a club, we were both crossed. It's such a romantic tale."

"Crossed?" He asked, unsure of what I meant.

"Drunk and High." I said rolling my eyes, of course he had no idea what I was talking about.

"You're a user?" He asks, his eyebrows raised in surprise.

"I used to smoke a lot a couple of years ago."

"What made you stop?"

"Work, I guess. I had to be drug tested so often." It didn't help that I had to switch jobs so often to help comply with the lawyers wishes.

"How long have you two been together?"

"Five years."

"Wow, that's quite long." I nodded my head, I never really thought about it.

Ethan was my first relationship, of course I had already been kissed and had sex by this point but I had never actually been with someone in such a way.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm with him out of pure convenience, I mean who else will want me?" I said letting out a small chuckle.

"I'm sure that's not true."

"No really, before Ethan I was living in my car and I spent most of my days roaming the streets."

"But you got on your feet, don't give someone else credit for your success."

"I'm not so sure I've succeeded."

_

By the time I get home the sun is setting down and I know that I'm going to be walking into a hurricane.

"Hey baby." I said to Ethan, he was sitting on the couch watching a rerun on some show that was on in the nineties.

"Hi babe." He said patting the seat next to him. I breathed a little easier knowing that he was in a good mood.

I quickly kicked off my shoes and dropped my bag on the floor. I missed this side of Ethan, the side of him that would still call me a variation of a pet name and want to run his finger through my hair.

I quickly sat down next to him and curled up on his lap, I could never find the heart to tell him that I didn't care much for the television. As if on cue his fingers wove their way through my hair massaging the areas that were still a little tender from our altercation a few days prior.

"You know I love you, right?" He said continuing to rub small patterns against my skull.

"I know baby, I love you too." I said rubbing small circles on his knee. I felt him halt his comforting touch and begin to hoist me up to sit on his lap.

"I mean it Bea. I love you so much."

I quickly leaned forward and planted a soft kiss against his lips

I quickly leaned forward and planted a soft kiss against his lips. He turned his head slightly deepening the kiss.

"I love you so much." I said against his lips. He didn't notice the small tear slipping down my cheek.