Chapter 1

She was sure she could not back off.

She knew this was going to happen.

She thought of it as well, expectations were way more underestimated words for this.

Could she be more prepared?

She asked herself.

Nervousness filled her with shudders.

She knew all of this, but could she expect more?

No, was a vivid answer.

Now, facing the consequences was the last thing, she could do.

But could she really?

"I think I had," The male voice, sitting across, held more power than anything, "warned you" all she could do was stand there and listen, "to not do it" the male stared straight through her soul.

He surely could, right? "Had I not?" he asked.

Protesting was not even an option.

He raised an eye brow at her silent behaviour.

Continuous tapping of floor could be heard vividly.

His patience was wearing out.

He could not be any patient.

"I demand an answer!" his voice raises up a bit, and her silent behaviour was asking for more of his anger.

Excuse? No will it be.

Her head still touched the hem of her dress, not helping the situation she has created for herself.

His left hand laying on the table, now supported his chin.

"I-" she got cut off by herself, what could she say? What exactly? she opened her mouth several times to speak but could not help herself.

"Have I asked you something Ms. Riddhima?" his patience was no more visible, "I demand an answer," he silently shouted.

The situation dreaded Riddhima's mind with clouds of fear.

"Why are you late at work again?" Could she answer? No, maybe.

"For the upteemth time, Ms. Riddhima, why are you silent? which excuse will you think of now?" Excuse? she could never tell the real reason, could she?

No would it be.

His anger took the best of him or maybe worse.

"Have you listened to me?" he scolded, "you want to tell me?" he furrowed his brows.

This was it.

She had to say something or something worse would happen.

"The bus broke down and in the middle of nowhere, coming from that place was horrible and time consuming, so I am late" she said in one go.

He nodded.

Just nodded.

"Hmm" he hummed, at this, Riddhima was also confused, humming was not something he did.

Vansh Raisinghania did.

The business tycoon, the self obsessed, the perfectionist, just hummed? This was indigestible.

"Swipe the floor," Of course what else could have been coming "the full floor again, I want it clear, reflections should be visible, have you understood?" he commanded.

Riddhima, what else could have she even done.

She nodded and planned to leave.

An unplanned call stopped her.