Chapter 7: Nothing without me

Brianna's POV

Well... It wasn't going as bad as I'd thought it'd go. Everything was going smooth, Joe hadn't said anything... That only he would say, he didn't make any funny remarks, he wasn't even aggressive.
He wasn't even the least bit of obnoxious. Until I heard a voice interrupt my thoughts

"Aren't you wondering?" He asked
"Aren't I wondering what exactly?" I asked slightly confused.

"Why, I like you" he stated. Finally understanding what he had meant I answered honestly.

"No, not really. I haven't given it any thought.." I trailed off
"Yet." He completed

Silence filled the coffee shop as if no one was even in here.
I really haven't given it any thought, but now my curiosity was eating me up inside. We had history, but in my opinion that was nothing. I was broken then. I bet he never noticed that until now.

"So, why me?" I asked looking into his brown eyes, tilting his head, still staring right at me, as his eyes caught the light which made his eyes turn grey.

"You really wanna know?" He asked with his head stop tilted

"Would I ask if I didn't want to?" I questioned

Silence filled our space as I soon realized everybody else had left, and all I could hear were the tap of his fingers.

I could feel his gaze, that was making me a bit uneasy. Over just a stare. I tug my red hair backwards as I tilted my head.

"Can you stop that? It's annoying." I said referring to him tapping on the table continuously.  He lifted his hands up in defence as he stopped.

"There's just something about you" he finally said "And whether it's an obsession, as you might say, or love, or whatever, this is what I feel and this feeling, this desire it's not going to vanish because of what you say. I want you, and I swear, as a matter of fact, I vow that you'll want me to the point where you're nothing without me."

Our eyes locked, as his grey eyes, stared into my green eyes. Thing is, I couldn't read his eyes like before and that's what irritated me. It now felt as if the atmosphere was getting warmer and warmer. I started panting a bit feeling dizzy. Coldly breaking the eye contact, I grabbed my purse, getting up from my seat and walked off. I reached for the door and to my surprise he never followed me

What changed?

Seemed as If I spoke to soon, I heard his voice from behind

"My dear, dear Brianna, I know your secret, and listen up, listen very closely," he started "I will obsess over you, until you return the favor, dear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What secret is Brianna hiding?

D..n

Anyways, vote, comment and share!

;)