Nineteen.

The days passed by until the full moon was here. Like expected Court was gone for most of the day to be with the king and queen as they prepared for the sacrifice.

Xerxes made breakfast for me which consisted of sausage links and strips of bacon. I sat at the table eating them as Xerxes and Lyell were in the kitchen talking. I kept quiet as I ate my breakfast and listened to them.

"Most of the pack is ready for the sacrifice, no one is really tense." Lyell told Xerxes. 

I looked at my bacon as I broke it apart and took a piece. "Good, Court wants us to meet him there at the spot like usual." Xerxes informed Lyell who nodded at that. Lyell stretched as he smiled. "Everything has been running smoothly right?" Xerxes asked Lyell who nodded.

"The only problem we've had was a lone wolf on the land. They chased him off the land before he had any chance to cause trouble. . . especially since he was heading towards Thorin's part of the territory." Lyell noted.

Xerxes nodded. "How is Thorin doing?" Xerxes asked.

"Good from what I'm hearing. Him and Lotus are talking of children as well, that's the rumor at least." Lyell smiled. I glanced over at the two. Lotus is Lucia's daughter, the one I met when we were over picking up clothes.

Xerxes rolled his eyes. "Someone seems bitter about that." Lyell taunted.

"I could care less what Lotus wants to do. If she wants pups with him, she can have it." Xerxes responded as Lyell watched him.

"Someone seems bitter about getting over his crush on her." Lyell responded.

Xerxes shook his head. "Everyone had a crush on Lotus. The only other girl our age is Maia and she paled compared to Lotus." Xerxes responded.

"There is Ivory." Lyell responded.

"Ivory isn't even twelve yet, I'm willing to sink low but that low. I prefer women to be around my age or at least close to it. Ivory is a child." Xerxes took a deep breath. "Anyways I'm not looking to die, that's Thorin's little sister, they have a different mom, but that's still his little sister. He'd kill anyone who tried to get with her at that age." Xerxes responded.

Lyell simply smiled. He backed up before turning around. "I'm going to go make sure everybody is ready." Lyell said and Xerxes nodded as Lyell disappeared outside. I glanced out the window and watched as a white wolf took off into the woods.

Xerxes shook his head. "Dumbass legitimately said Ivory." Xerxes muttered as he washed his plate off before turning to me. "Are you done?" Xerxes asked and I nodded at that.

Xerxes came over and took my plate before rinsing it down. "Court told you to stay inside, tonight right?" Xerxes asked turning over to me. 

"He told me last time, so I assume the same rules apply." I murmured and Xerxes nodded.

"They do." Xerxes responded as he stretched before turning back around. "You'll be best just staying in the room most of the day. They tend to get excited on this day and Court isn't here right now." Xerxes responded.

I nodded as I stood up.

"I'll be in the room then." I told him and Xerxes nodded.

"I'll be leaving once the sun sets; I can take some food out for you to cook." Xerxes told me and I thanked him before heading into the room for the day.

Once the sun set in the sky, I was alone for the night. Two full moons have happened since I was gone. Time didn't stop for me; it didn't stop for anyone. With a sigh I got up out of bed and headed into the kitchen.