Not stalking, simply following

Sarah felt conflicted. No, it was more than conflicted, it was downright confused, and she couldn’t work out what she wanted. And if there was a single thing that would frustrate her the most it was being out of control. The feeling was like she was in a car as it was spinning around, and she was waiting for it to crash into the middle of the street, or into another car, to say the least it was not a pleasant experience and she hated it more than anything else. It was a despicable feeling and she wished for nothing more than to get rid of it at the earliest possible opportunity.

It had been a couple of weeks after the D.A had been discovered and the school was going downhill at a fast pace since then, but that was not what had been bothering Sarah, what was bothering her was one Draco Malfoy, and not in the usual way of him just teasing her and winding her up. This was different, Sarah almost wished that he was annoying her by making fun of her, because to be honest that was much more enjoyable than how she felt right now.

She clenched her fists as she glared down at the blank piece of parchment in front of her that was supposed to be her potions essay for professor Snape, though she was sure he wouldn’t care too much if it was about an inch short, maybe? Damn that little shit, she couldn’t focus on anything but the brat for a whole hour and it was rubbing her the wrong way. She could feel the quill under her fingers beginning to break under the pressure she was exerting on it and instantly loosened her grip, looking down at the slightly squashed feathers of her quill. With a heavy sigh she rolled up her parchment and threw it into her bag, with a frustrated cry of anguish. Stupid, stupid boy. Leave me alone! She thought to herself as she hit her head lightly against the desk, only to have a librarian come around the corner a few seconds later and tell her to leave. Bloody Bitch.

She got up with a glare and left, slamming the door angrily behind her as she strolled along the corridor, pushing past any of those who dared to get in her way. Though she didn’t really care if they were scared, if they were then so be it, all the better for her. She huffed as she exited the halls and headed down towards the black lake, maybe she would be able to calm down there in the mild heat and set her mind straight.

Heading to the lake she immediately sat down at the tree that stood proudly next to the lake and leaded her head back against the rough bark that rubbed against her back as she shifted, trying to become more comfortable. Her bright orbs looked out across the lake with a small sigh as she watched the water lap against the bank, making soft sloshing noises. It was so much more relaxing than being stuck inside the common room with accusing glares constantly being pointed towards her.

She needed to be alone, the fact was that ever since that half-cuddle with the blonde boy she had been far too obsessed with him. Her mind was clouded and it left her confused. Did she like him? Was that even a possibility, I mean they had been practically rivals since she had begun there and now she was beginning to think differently?

Pushing her hair away from her face she sighed softly. Her face tensed and eyes closed. She felt the sun be blocked out, but Sarah didn’t even bother to open her eyes. She knew the aura well.

“Hey, are you alright?” A tentative voice spoke, before the weight shifted and the girl sat down.

Now Sarah’s expression changed and a scowl crossed her face as she opened her eyes to face Cho, she was sat at a slight distance. It seemed she was a little scared, though she had every reason to be, ever since she had betrayed them Sarah had made it quite clear she was angry with her. When she tried to speak to the girl she had turned away from her.

“Please, will you listen to me, this is killing me.” Cho pined at her, much like how a lost puppy would call for their mother. There was no doubt in Sarah’s mind that she was upset, but that still didn’t change the fact that Sarah was incredibly angry with her for taking one of the things that made her truly happy. And for that Sarah remained silent, looking out across the lake.