The Date

Oikawa burst open the doors to (Y/N)'s classroom and he walked straight to her followed by Iwaizumi. Oikawa sat on her desk and said, "Hey, (Y/N), Iwa and I were thinking of going to see a movie that just came out. You coming with us?"

The girl raised her head from Oikawa's ass that sat on her notebooks. "Sorry, but Tantan invited me to the aquarium. Apparently, someone cancelled on him, isn't that sad?"

Oikawa's eyes widened at the girl's words, then whispered low enough for only Iwaizumi to hear, "What's sad is his excuse..."

"Aquarium, huh? So where's our tickets?" Oikawa teased.

"I don't think he has more tickets, but I can buy you guys some if you want to come?" (Y/N) offered but Iwaizumi could see the truth behind her words. He knew they weren't welcome, but she didn't want to be rude.

"No it's fine, Oikawa and I can go alone," Iwaizumi assured.

"Really? You sure? It won't be a problem," (Y/N) asked upon seeing Oikawa's conflicted emotions.

Oikawa couldn't fight the expressions on his face that were annoyed by Iwaizumi and astonished at (Y/N)'s oblivious nature. At this moment, he believed he had the dumbest friends and wondered why he still hung out with the two.

"Don't worry your silly little head (Y/N), Iwa and I are gonna have a li'l boys' night. A night of masculinity and testosterone and all that if you believe me. Have fun with the puppy," Oikawa said and guided Iwaizumi away from the girl.

"Oh, okay! See you later, I'll come by tonight," (Y/N) called out to them as they walked away.

Oikawa waved over his shoulder and watched (Y/N) until she was out of sight. He let out the longest sigh and said, "Seriously Iwa? That's all you got? You might as well as give up altogether."

Iwaizumi knew Oikawa was right but still felt offended by his words. "Shut it, Trashykawa."

"You're just setting yourself up for disappointment. Find someone else to like," Oikawa brutally responded which got him a solid punch to his gut. "You had your chance to stop Mad Dog, I don't know why you're taking it out on me," Oikawa said as he stuck out his tongue.

"I had all this time to get closer to her. I don't have the audacity to make a move now that someone else is doing it. I'm not a jerk like you," Iwaizumi spat the words out.

He recalled the time Oikawa had been caught in some petty love triangle all because he made a late move. The poor girl suffered choosing between the two, and Iwaizumi personally hated that Oikawa made a move after the girl was being pursued by someone else. He didn't want (Y/N) to go through that—not like he had the confidence to see himself even stand a chance. He knew here he stood in (Y/N)'s eyes, and it was nowhere near a love interest or some crush like he felt.

Oikawa shook his head with a sigh then said, "Don't regret it when she comes over."

Iwaizumi didn't say anything because he knew he would regret it. He could hear it now, (Y/N) gushing over how much fun she had with Kyotani, and see her try to hide her embarrassment when she remembers the move he made on her. He gripped his emotions in his fist and continued walking.

***

The time came for (Y/N) to come over as Oikawa texted his girlfriend, and Iwaizumi read manga borrowed from the very girl they were waiting for. Oikawa would glance Iwaizumi's way as the time passed in hopes he would catch something. Iwaizumi stayed as serious as ever, even as he read the manga.

Iwaizumi's mother's voice called from outside the bedroom to announce the girl's entrance that made the boys freeze. Iwaizumi breathed in and out slowly while Oikawa couldn't fight the smile creeping on his face that burst with anticipation. Oikawa couldn't wait to find out what would happen.