30

30 - CHAPTER THIRTYaaliyah pov

30 - CHAPTER THIRTY
aaliyah pov

the gang and i currently sat on the couch watching the new year's countdown. tyler had just came back from a game and he was sore.

we were all excited for the new year. i was ecstatic. back in august jayda and i registered to get our early grad. this way, we could get our business degrees this year and open up our dance studio by july 2021.

we had found a studio that just needed a few renovations and we had a couple choreographers that we thought would help sow what we want to be about. everything was going according to plan.

tyler had laid his head on my lap and i stroked his head. we had some music playing and food set out. it was an overall good vibe in the house.

we had some fluorescent lights on and decorations on the wall. all the couples sat next to each other. however, justin had brought a hoochie into my house for god knows why.

"i'm gonna sleep if you keep doing that liyah," i heard tyler yawn.

i shook my head in amusement and went back to my conversation with everyone else. i stopped playing with tyler's hair and let him sit up.

"can you wait one hour? please," i massaged his shoulder and he rubbed his eyes.

"mhm, get me some water and i'll be good," he looked up at me with begging eyes. i chuckled and stood up to get him some water because i'm the best girlfriend in the world.

justin met up with me in the kitchen and opened the freezer, getting some ice cream.

"what's your girls name, and why is she in my house?" i asked with a water bottle in hand.

"her name is reniegh, and she's here because that's my date. now stop being petty," he told me as we walked back the living room together.

"whatever. ty get yo ass up. please," i shook him and he rolled his neck before sitting up and looking at me.

i sat in his lap and handed him his water. his arm rested on my hip while his head rested on my shoulder. he rubbed my hipbone with his thumb sweetly.

"anyone have any new year's resolutions?" i asked the group.

jayda wanted to travel more in the new year. ashton wanted to be a lottery pick in the 2021 draft. neveah wanted to make some more money selling her art.

"what about you cam? what's your goal?" justin asked cameron.

"i don't know, maybe work on getting my business started," cameron was trying to develop a hair care line for black and african americans. he was very passionate and we all knew he had it in him.

" i wanna be one of the best future wide receivers to play the game, and i know that takes time so my goal is to work hard and get my name out there," justin explained.

"what about you ty?" i messed with his fingers.

"my resolution is to play the best basketball i can ever play the rest of this season," tyler said. the heat actually doing pretty good so far. they've had a couple thought losses, but they were still earning their respect.

"what's yours liyah?" jayda questioned me, tilting her head.

"um i wanna start loving more. i know it's small, but i wanna be more loving and show my appreciation more. i feel like i don't do it enough," i shrugged and looked over at the white girl who sat on my couch.

"what about you?" i asked her genuinely, my voice sounding a little harsh.

"um i wanna like get a job or something," she snootily replied while twirling her hair. i nodded because i didn't know what to say and stood up, walking back into the kitchen.

i opened the pantry and saw some chocolate which i happily took and sat on the island. tyler made his way over to me and stood in between my legs. he gently rubbed his hands up and down my thighs.

"i know you don't like her but can we try to be nice?" he chuckled and smiled while rolling my eyes. i looked at him and shrugged.

"i'll try, just for you herro," i took his right hand in mine and intertwined our fingers. he gave my cheek a kiss. one peck turned into two until he was kissing my neck sensually.

i quietly groaned and pushed his head away. he looked at me confused and i laughed, "self control babe," i patted his chest and pushed him back so i could hop off the counter, and walk back to my spot on the couch. tyler followed.

"so aaliyah? how did you and tyler, you know?" reniegh asked me.

i've never been asked that question before, "um i shot my shot at him in late may," i told her.

i was confused to why she was asking. i mean i didn't mind it, it just confused me a bit.

"did you feel about taking him from katya?" she asked now standing up. i didn't know who she thought she was so i stood up to.

"i'm sorry what are you talking about? tyler and her were finished when we started dating," i walked up to her.

"so you weren't tyler's side chick?" she asked cockily.

i looked down at tyler who was still sitting on the couch. he mouthed she's delusional and i nodded, turning back to face her.

"listen i don't know who told you to come over and make lies, but if you think that she would ever steal another girls man, you were dead wrong," jayda now stood up and joined me.

"i'm just saying it's kinda fishy," she shrugged and looked up at the two of us, who towered over her.

"what you tryna do? because it looks like you wanna start something," i took another step forward.

"justin get your groupie bruh," jayda gestured.

"what did you call me?" she asked in a high pitched voice.

"i said you're a groupie," she talked down on her. tyler and ashton now stood up standing behind us. tyler grabbed my arm and i flung it away.

"i'm not gonna hit her ty," i spoke to him without looking at him.

"it's not worth it," he whispered in my ear. i sighed and looked at jayda. she shrugged her shoulders and i nodded.

"get out," i pointed towards the door. she looked at justin is if he was gonna stop me.

"nah you came in here and dissed my lil sis, i'm not about that," he sat back down on the couch.

"get out," i repeated and watched as she grabbed her stuff and made her way out of our house. i laughed and pushed tyler back on the couch. he looked up at me with a smirk and i ignored it, sitting back down on his lap.

"now that that's taken care of, let celebrate!" cameron sat down next to veah. i rested my head on tyler's shoulder.

"thanks for deescalating the situation babe, i preciate it," i whispered softly.

"i gotchu, you know i'm your back up," he chuckled and i did too.

then we heard the tv start to count down and we all stood up. grabbing our apple cider glasses from the table. tyler stood to my right, his arm around my lower back.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, happy new year!

"happy new year!" we all yelled in sync. i looked at justin who was drowning down his drink. tyler pulled me to him. his free hand snaking to my cheek.

"happy new year beautiful," he mumbled and kissed me slowly. i kissed back as we kept the same pace. my empty hand moved to his chest and i smiled onto his lips.

"happy new year my love,"

___