36

+:+

Yeonjun stood at the entrance of the dance studio, feeling slightly worried.

He hadn't seen Hoseok since he was drunk, and that was four days ago. Just as he was going to go home, the door opened. 

"I've been watching you turn 180° for ten minutes. You good?" Hobi smirked and watched a nervous Yeonjun fidget with his sweater paws. "U-Um, are you busy? You look busy. I'll come next year-"

"Nuh-Uh, you need practice if you're gonna go around Seoul." Yeonjun gave Hoseok a look. "Yep, you're in."

Yeonjun cheered and enveloped his Hyung in a big, warm embrace. He could feel happy tears form in his eyes and sighed contently. He was closer to his dream. Finally.

The hug broke and Hobi spoke again. "But Jun-ah...you need to ask your mum about it.." Yeonjun tensed and looked at his shoes. "She might say yes...but um..."

"What is it?" Hoseok encouraged. "We're moving."

"Huh? When?"

"I don't know."

Hobi nodded and put his arm around Yeonjun's shoulder, bringing him into the studio. "It's okay, we'll figure this out together."

+:+

Soobin went home feeling refreshed. He made a new - or old - friend, and he and Yeonjun were flirting non-stop.

Paradise.

The days were starting to get cold, but the breeze was enough to give you goosebumps only. The sun was setting already, despite it being 5:30, so Soobin decided to go home rather than follow Yeonjun to the dance studio.

He opened the door to his house and was greeted by silence.

Silence.

It meant something different to Soobin than it did to Yeonjun. Silence was deadly, it was lonely, it was scary and full of surprises. Soobin always hated it, feared it. When he had nightmares, he woke up to silence. When he was in trouble, there was silence. When someone dies... silence. 

Silence.

"H-Hello? Anyone home?" Soobin anxiously called out. The silence called back. Soobin started to panic. Where was everyone? Why was he alone? 

He was usually greeted by the hum of the television, Sunoo's chatter or his mother cooking. But instead, death's favourite song is playing and it's scaring the shit out of him. 

He started to cry and curled on the ground, covering his ears. It wasn't smart, considering he wanted to hear but the silence was too loud.

He took out his phone with shaky hands and called his mother but didn't get an answer. He couldn't breathe anymore and tried to calm down, but ended and throwing his phone just to hear something, anything, other than his heavy breaths.

The sound of his phone hitting the wall and cracking only lasted a second, making Soobin even more paranoid and fragile. Then he heard it,

a voice.

"Hello?"

It was his phone. He had accidentally called Yeonjun. 

"Junnie..."

"Soobin? I can't hear you properly."

Soobin broke into a sob, clutching his heart. He wanted to hear more of Yeonjun's voice. It drowned out the silence. 

"Binnie? Are you- What's wrong?!"

"Yeonjun..."

"Should I come over? Talk to me, Bin."

"It's so quiet."

"I'm coming over, don't worry."

"No...don't go-"

The phone hung up, leaving Soobin in the silence.

+:+

Yeonjun ended the call and looked at Hobi. "It's okay, come back tomorrow," He said before Yeonjun dashed out the studio.

He ran as fast as he could nearly getting run over as he crossed the street. When he finally got to Soobin's house, it was eerily quiet. Too quiet.

He knocked on the door and no one answered. "Soobin? Anyone home?" Yeonjun looked through the window and saw Soobin on the floor, covering his ears. How long had he been like that. He knocked on the window, but got no reaction.

Acting quickly, Yeonjun picked the lock on the door, ignoring the glares and judging looks of people passing by. He unlocked the door of the house and rushed over to Soobin.

"Soobin. Soobin, it's me, Yeonjun." He soothed, embracing the shaking boy. Soobin hugged him back, but there was still silence. "I-It was too quiet. It s-still is." He whispered.

"It's alright, baby, i'm here..." He whispered back, rubbing circles into Soobin's back. They pulled away, and Soobin looked away. "I'm sorry."

"Hm? For what?" Yeonjun tried to get eye contact, but he got nothing. "You must think i'm crazy or something..."

Yeonjun smiled and cupped Soobin's face in his hands, squishing his cheeks. "Lot's of people are scared of the dark. How is silence worse?"

"But-"

"Shh! You're my crazy baby, okay? End of story!" Soobin was gonna argue, but Yeonjun gave him a kiss. "S-Stop kissing me!" Soobin stutters, hiding his blushing face in the elder's shoulder.

"Why? You have pretty lips~" Soobin groaned in embarrassment, earning a warm laugh from Yeonjun. The younger looked up and smiled. "You're so cheesy,"

"Crazy and Cheesy, perfect match," Yeonjun teased. "Just shut up and kiss me again," Soobin pulled Yeonjun into another kiss. It was like the one in the playground, but they were sober this time. It felt like fireworks were exploding throughout Yeonjun's body as Soobin deepened the kiss. They fought for dominance, tongues clashing, until Soobin won and pulled Yeonjun onto his lap. They made out until the sound of Mr. Choi's car pulling up into the drive way interrupted them. 

"Shit..." Soobin glanced at the slightly open front door and saw a flash of his dad's dark green suit. "Quick, follow me!"

Yeonjun ran after Soobin to the back of the house, to a plain door. Soobin heard his father enter the house and quickly opened the door. Yeonjun was pushed in, then the door was locked.

"...That was fun."

+:+

More kisses.

Soobinie has Sedatephobia ;-;