𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊

Start from the beginning

His eyes widened slightly before he shut them and she noticed the tremor in his hand. She'd obviously caught him at a bad time.

Then, he opened them again, two swirling pools of molten silver that had once enthralled her and lured her into their depths.

But she was smarter now and she would not let herself be dragged down into them.

He didn't flinch when the tip of her wand came into contact with his chin, forcing it up.

"Why are you helping them?" she demanded, her fingers curling tighter around her wand, the other hand forming a fist. "You fucking coward -"

Draco's hand spasmed next to his face. "They would've killed my mother."

Elara's lungs heaved as she took in the boy in front of her, tall and broken and seeming like he wanted to die.

He looked pale and exhausted, eyes lined with red, purple rings under them. His hair was tousled by the wind, a muscle in his jaw twitching every few seconds, his shoulders rigid.

She almost forgot they'd been together just a few hours ago in his room. He looked like he'd aged five years since then.

"How did you get out?" he asked, his voice so quiet as he looked at her, sounding pained.

"Blaise," she said, curtly. "You were going to leave me in there to die, weren't you? I think I deserve better than that, seeing as I -"

His hand came up around her wand, pushed it away. "I locked you in there to keep you safe."

Elara laughed - a cold, humourless laugh that echoed off the walls around them.

"Oh?" she mocked, digging the tip of her wand back into his chin and he tried to jerk his head away but she followed the movement, making sure her wand stayed where it was. "So trapping me in a room and letting a Death Eater corner me was you keeping me safe, was it?"

Her lip curled with disdain. "That may be the biggest lie you've told yet." She pretended to think, chewing on her lip. "Oh, wait - No, I think the 'You make it easier to breathe' sob story was the best, don't you?"

She gave him a sickly sweet smile. "Creative, that one. You sure you're not in Ravenclaw?"

Draco's jaw tightened.

"Was that even true?" Her voice was suddenly hoarse. "The story about your mother? Or was that another clever lie to rope me in -"

"Why would I?"

His question threw her off and she went rigid, her wand still at his throat, her other hand beginning to tremble.

"Why would I want to keep you around?" he demanded, meeting her eyes, stoic. "You'd already given me the spell to fix the cabinet. Why would I want to make you stay?"

Elara's head was beginning to ache. "Sex is a very big part of your agenda," she hissed back, jabbing the tip of her wand in a little deeper. "And now that I think about it, we never had a conversation that didn't end in fucking each other -"

"That's a lie," he interrupted, smoothly, raising an eyebrow at her.

He was right - quiet conversations in the morning while they lay in bed or as they basked in hot water in the bathtub or sitting on the shore by the Great Lake, skipping stones, came to mind. She chucked them away.

"Doesn't feel nice, does it?" she retorted, another cruel smile playing on her lips. "Being lied to?"

Draco stiffened and exhaled, slowly. He looked like he wanted to pitch himself off the Astronomy Tower and Elara realised with a start that he might have been about to do just that when she walked in.