C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

Start from the beginning

"All right, see you later. Let's go get skates." Maeve told Tory, before grabbing Miguel's hand excitedly.

"I hope I can still do this. Has been a while since I skated the last time." Maeve giggled standing up in her skates.

Miguel stood up right after her.

"Oh, I think you'll be fine." He told her, holding out his hand for her to grab onto.

Maeve blushed at the way he was looking at her, like he wouldn't want to do anything else but spent time with her.

She held his hand and they started their first round on the rink to 'Summer of 69' by Bryan Adams.

"Oh, I love that song!" Maeve told him, making him smile.

"Yeah, I know. You were screaming it in my ears the last time we listen to it." Both of them started laughing.

"It's been some time. I gonna go find Tory so we can all eat together on her break. Besides, my feet are starting to hurt." Maeve told him after they skated for a while singing along to the songs and just talked.

"All right, I'll come with you." He told her smiling.

Once they were off the rink, Maeve quickly spotted Tory.

"There she is." She told Miguel and grabbed his hand to drag him in her direction.

"Hey, what time do you go on break? We wanted to time it out so the fries are extra crispy." Maeve asked her smiling, while Miguel wrapped an arm around the short girl from behind.

She only realized that her friend was talking to someone when Miguel suddenly dropped his arm from around her and awkwardly pulled off his glasses.

"Oh, um... Hey, I didn't recognize you. I... dig the costumes." Miguel told them.

Maeve took a minute to realize that it was in fact Sam and her brother who were standing in front of them, looking pretty close.

"Thanks." Sam responded uncomfortable.

Maeve smiled at them to try and loosen the tension.

"Hey, guys." She hugged Robby.

"My god, what did you do to convince him to wear that outfit? He would never want dress up with me. You both look great!" She told them pulling away, making both Sam and Robby giggle.

"You look great too Maeve." Sam told her.

That made Robby inspect her costume.

"Dad let you go outside dressed like this." Robby raised an eyebrow, making Maeve roll her eyes at him for being so overprotective.

"Well he didn't want to, but I think he let me because he knew that Miguel would be with me the whole time." Maeve smiled up at her boyfriend who was still awkwardly looking between all of them.

Suddenly she realized that Tory didn't know her half brother.

"Oh, right. Tory this is Sam and Robby my brother." Tory half smiled at Robby before glaring at Sam.

"Yeah, we met already." Maeve grimaced at her mistake.

The taller blond turned to Miguel who looked confused.

"We had a little run in at the beach club." Tory explained.

Sam looked even more uncomfortable than before and Maeve could tell that she was getting angry.

"So, how do you guys know each other?" She asked still staring at Tory.

"Oh, Maeve met her at a club and the next day she joined Cobra Kai." Miguel told her smiling.