nightmare reality

Start from the beginning

And he looks the exact same. Same pale skin, same platinum-blonde hair, same tall figure, same smoky grey eyes.

Something like hatred simmers inside of you, thinking about your last encounter with him.

"This is the second time we've met during a party," you say, announcing your arrival.

He whips around, grabbing for his wand. When he sees it's you, he lowers his wand, muttering, "Piss off, Ollivander."

"Alright, ferret boy."

"Don't call me that," he snaps. You can see him stiffen and you somehow feel content watching him grow angry.

"Okay, ferret boy."

He turns around and steps closer to you, right into your personal space. He's too close, much too close, and you take a step back, feeling your heartbeat quicken.

"You won't want to keep that Corner idiot waiting, would you? Clear out." You can feel him reach for his wand, almost threateningly. Then he relaxes. "I don't give a damn who you dance with, yeah?"

"I never said you did-"

"Will you shut up for once-"

"Oi, Malfoy!" Michael Corner is striding out of the castle towards you. "What are you doing with Aurora?"

You take several steps back from Draco. "Relax, Michael, I was just-"

"So, this is what you meant, huh? You told me it was okay to be with Romilda just so you could get with Malfoy, isn't that right?" He shouts. He's coming up close to you and you can smell Firewhiskey on his breath. 

"Yeah?" Draco says, stepping forward. "I wouldn't lay a finger on a blood traitor like her, Corner."

And then Michael swings his fist into Draco's face. Hard. Draco stumbles backwards, spitting out blood.

And the next second, Draco is on top of Michael, slamming his fists in Michael's face. Over and over again while Michael grunts in pain. You desperately grab the back of Draco's collar.

"Get off of him, Malfoy!" You shout, and Draco finally releases Michael. 

A light rain starts to fall as Michael half runs, half crawls back to the castle.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" You shout as lightning flashes in the distance and roaring thunder nearly shakes the very ground. The rain is coming down heavy and hard now.

"Get to Hagrid's hut," Draco says through the heavy rain, straightening up.

"Are you mental?" You say, rain tearing through the sky and a cruel wind whips your hair.

Draco grasps the front of your dress with his ringed hands and shoves you in the direction of Hagrid's hut. "Shut up and go!"

You have no choice but to run with Draco through the lightening and rain, seeking refuge in Hagrid's hut. When you slam the door closed, the sounds of the rain begin to quiet from the inside of the hut. Hagrid has been gone since the start of the school year, so the hut is empty.

You and Draco stand there alone, soaking wet from the rain. Your hair has completely fallen out of its bun and your dress is sticking tightly to your skin. You and him are both gasping for air, breathing heavily. 

"Now you know what idiot you decided to go the dance with," Draco growls.

"I think you're the only idiot we're talking about." You mutter, squeezing your wet hair. Anger surges through your body. "I'm leaving back to the castle."

Draco grabs your bare arm, turning you to face him.

"It's wild out there. And the grounds are slippery," He says. Then he releases your arm. "Not that I'd care. You could do me a favor and just leave. You'd fall and roll down the hill into the Black Lake if you try to get to the castle."

"You're saying we're going to have to wait here until the storm dies down?" You say, feeling your heartbeat race. "And that's going to take...?"

"Probably all night," Draco says, nonchalantly.

"No, no way," you say incredulously, backing into the kitchen counter. "There's no way I'm spending all night in Hagrid's hut alone with you."

"To be honest, I'm not quite thrilled to be spending the night alone with you either, Ollivander," Draco scoffs. Your eyes watch the water dripping from his soaking hair down across his neck and then down towards his...

You turn around, squeezing your eyes shut in anger. There's no way this could be happening. You're not spending the night alone with Draco Malfoy.