Sixth year | The Slug Club

Începe de la început

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?" Professor Slughorn asked.

That really had to say something about us if we didn't know what a dentist was. Luckily, my family was normal and took me to one like they should've.

"No. Although, one boy, Robbie Fenwich, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches."
She chuckled.

I picked at my ice cream, bored from the chatter. All I wanted was for this to be over, because I was tired and my boyfriend is upstairs in my room.

"Miss Riddle, tell me, how's your father doing?" Professor Slughorn asked.

Movement in the room stopped, each person looking at me with pity. Blaise looked at me, asking silently if he wanted me to have him change the subject.

"Uh...he's fine. Work has him kind of busy these days, my brothers as well." I smiled.

"(Y/n) is from a family of excellent witches and wizards, trust me sir, she'll be an amazing Auror." Blaise spoke up.

He gave me a slight nod, showing he was trying to keep it from being awkward. Too late, but the thought into it was nice.

"I take it you two think highly of each other. Well, we need more good witches for aurors." Slughorn smiled.

We continued on with the evening, which continued to get awkward. Ginny came in late and Harry was acting weird. No, that's a lie, he was acting like Harry. He always did go after the pretty girls. Ginny had been dating Dean Thomas recently, from my understanding, that bothered Harry.

The dinner party ended and I happily left with Blaise, who walked me to the common rooms.

"I'm glad at least you were there, Blaise."

He stopped me from going upstairs, "Seriously, what's going on with Draco? He looks awful and doesn't even talk to us anymore. He only talks to you and it's only during the nights he spends in your room."

"Blaise, if I could tell you, I would. This is his choice, he'll tell you when he wants to. Not me." I whispered.

He looked up at the stairs, his eyes falling back on me. I knew he was just being a good friend.

"If you need anything, both of you, ask." With that, he went back up to the boys' dorms.

I went up to my room and walked in, seeing Draco on my bed reading a book.

"How was the dinner party?" He asked, not looking up from the book.

"Fine, but I was glad when it was over. What are you reading?" I unhooked the necklace around my neck.

He closed his book and walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me from behind.

"Not much, just brushing up on my Greek wizarding families."

I rolled my eyes, taking the book out of his hands and reading the inside of the book. He wasn't lying, but it was based more around the history of the families and objects they obtained during the years.