C h a p t e r T w e n t y T h r e e

Start from the beginning

Exiting the bathroom she spots Luke sitting up in the bed with his back against the headboard and a lazy smile on his face. He looks like the pinnacle of male satisfaction. Robin rolls her eyes at the expression but can’t help echoing it with her own little smile. Watching his eyes trail up and down her body again she shivers a little as she moves to join him in the bed again.

He open his arms a little, “Come on, I’m getting cold.”

“Sure you are Mr. Furnace.” She drawls but dutifully walks over to him.

Luke pulls up the comforter and lets her crawl into his arms again. Robin lays her head on his chest and curls her arms around his middle while her leg entwines with his again. This feels right to her. This feels like home. Closing her eyes she happily sighs when he kisses the top her head and snuggles into him more.

“Make yourself at home.” He chuckles.

Keeping her eyes closed she shows him her middle finger in response. Luke laughs harder making his chest bounce and her to frown. Smacking his chest he slowly stops laughing but she can sense that he’s still smiling. Happier with the fact she’s not getting shaken woman syndrome she relaxes into him. She’s never felt so relaxed as she does when he starts rubbing her back. Now that she loves.

“How are you?” He asks after a few minutes.

She lifts a brow and looks up at him. “Fine.”

“Not sore?”

Her brow only rises higher. “Sore? Well I suppose I’m a little sore but nothing to write home about. Why?”

He shrugs, trying to be nonchalant. “No reason.”

“Sure.” She says drawing out the word.

“My…wolf wanted to know.” He admits lowly. “He was concerned that we were…too rough with you.”

Robin’s face splits in a huge grin. Part of her was concerned that maybe after last night he would run off again. That maybe he’d realize that being with her and having to deal with a kid wasn’t really what he wanted anymore. It was, what she was hoping, was the last remains of her doubt but it still had the power to make her careful.

Instead she’s happy to know he hasn’t changed. He’s the same guy he was before and if it’s even possible, sweeter. Sitting up a little she leans up and gives him a light but meaningful kiss on the lips. He responds immediately and buries one of his hands into her hair, probably knotting it more. The kiss deepens but before he can take it over she decides to back away.

“Thank you.” She whispers, her lips tingling and swollen.

“For what?”

“Staying I guess.” She shrugs.

Luke’s mouth twitches up at the end before he leans down and kisses her again. With a surprised little yelp against his lips Robin feels her body being pushes down onto the mattress. Luke lies on tops of her and grabs one of her legs to wrap around him as he moves from her mouth to the mark on her neck.

She arches into it and gasps a little when he nips at the skin there. In the back of her mind she begins to wonder if it’ll always be this…powerful between them. She doesn’t know but hell, she can hope can’t she? Digging her chipped red nails into his skin she hears him growl against her mark making warmth shoot through her veins and her body melt even more under his touch. She likes when he’s feral with her…well when they’re like this anyway.

“I love you, Robin.” He pants against her neck.

Smiling a little she decides to be a bit playful. First she says she loves him too, its pretty obvious but he wants to hear it apparently. Then with mischief clear on her face she moves her head and lays an open-mouthed kiss on the side of his neck. Luke’s arms begin to shake around her and she knows she’s hit a spot. Then without really thinking it through she bares her teeth and lightly bits the spot.